Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been surprised at how much I have used my compass. I have been going to a lot of places lately that have difficult neighborhoods to get out of, and the compass has helped me stay on direction. The next best thing after navi I tell ya... Anybody else use it?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I've rarely ever looked at it, but it's nice to know it's there.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

I have used it a couple of times when driving toward the sun to figure out if it was early or late.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Comes in handy I tell ya...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
The only time I think I'd really need it is when I'm at some unknown location... but then I have the nav on, which obviously, is a compass on steroids.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

The only time I think I'd really need it is when I'm at some unknown location... but then I have the nav on, which obviously, is a compass on steroids.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

So does that make the compass a "poorman's" navi? [V]

XL[lol]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I think I've looked at it once in 3 months. Then again, I do have the Navi.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
254 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

I have been surprised at how much I have used my compass. I have been going to a lot of places lately that have difficult neighborhoods to get out of, and the compass has helped me stay on direction. The next best thing after navi I tell ya... Anybody else use it?

XL

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
What kind of difficult to get out of hoods have you been hanging out in x[banghead]? I usually try to stay out of those for fear someone will jack my ride[:D]

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CMEGOBYUWhat kind of difficult to get out of hoods have you been hanging out in x[banghead]? I usually try to stay out of those for fear someone will jack my ride[:D]

Not necesarily any bad neighborhoods, just ones that are in unfamiliar areas to me. Good to know which way is the coast, and which way is inland. (Miami is a coastal city, and many people refer to the beach as East, the the country as West).

XL

·
Registered
114 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

I have used it a couple of times when driving toward the sun to figure out if it was early or late.

Where do you come up with this stuff. [lol] LMAO. Man some of the things I read on this board are so funny. Oh and I'm kind of dissapointed in the cumpass. My wifes' Outback has one in the rearview mirror and it changes directions with the car in-stead of the delay that the infiniti unit has. The infiniti unit is more precise though, showing finer detail on direction; but then again when do you really need to know that you're going NNW as opposed to NW?

-Riv

-6MT Sedan, Aero, Black on Black

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

I have a compass on my wrist watch, which I don't watch!

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette
2003 S10 Extended cab
1991 Honda CRXsi

Gard, what is with the NEW, EXTRA-LENGTHY sig???? All of these silly newbies rubbing off on you?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
check the date on the post rlipps. This is so old news. [:D]

·
Registered
53 Posts
people, any comparison between the G's Nav and other Nav's out there, such as lexus, bmw's or acura. Anyone fortunate to have had both? what is the difference if any?(features only)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts