Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 08 G37S with 56k miles, I have noticed the clutch slipping so replacing is my priority. I do plan on driving the car hard at times so I want a strong clutch that can take some abuse. Any suggestions?

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Do you want an OEM feel or do you want to go more towards performance? You may also consider a new flywheel, again with OEM or performance properties. Performance clutches can take more effort to press and aren't really a benefit unless you increase the hp. Lightweight single mass flywheels introduce a cement mixer sound at idle that some people do not like. An OEM type flywheel will be dual mass and will be quieter.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Good points to consider as mentioned by Gilley.

I've heard nothing but praise for the OEM set up as for how it holds up and made my decision accordingly. Didn't want to chance it or get the funky sounds the conversion kits are known for. New clutch and OEM DM flywheel.

My car had about 107,000 on the orig clutch and two previous owners so I think the factory clutch did it's job admirably. I was in for about $1600 p/l having a shop do it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an aftermarket clutch and I'll I can Say is make sure you upgrade the system as well. Clutch line is a big one. A lot more pressure through that soft line. Your pedal will be hard to push and mushy as shit

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have an aftermarket clutch and I'll I can Say is make sure you upgrade the system as well. Clutch line is a big one. A lot more pressure through that soft line. Your pedal will be hard to push and mushy as shit
Yeah, My .02 went for the whole shabang here (Lines + master/slave and RJM clutch pedal).... Andrew? can you run a vacuum back here please (See attached). :p

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good points to consider as mentioned by Gilley.

I've heard nothing but praise for the OEM set up as for how it holds up and made my decision accordingly. Didn't want to chance it or get the funky sounds the conversion kits are known for. New clutch and OEM DM flywheel.

My car had about 107,000 on the orig clutch and two previous owners so I think the factory clutch did it's job admirably. I was in for about $1600 p/l having a shop do it.
Same here. Mine made it to 140,000 with one previous owner. My understanding of the "S" model is that it *is* a sport clutch. It's really tight, and engages near the top of the pedal action, as opposed to having to take it to the floor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts