Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning Williw Interior Help

I've been able to keep my willow interior pretty clean, but since I've been drivng alot more now because I work further than I use to, I notice my interior is getting dirty quicker than it used to. I just need help on what products to use for the leather. I use those Maguires leather wipes, but they're not working as great as they use to. I also need advice on how to clean the carpet (not the floor mats). I like to do all this myself, I really don't like taking my car to the car wash.

· Registered
50,073 Posts
that is one thing i do not miss about tan interior!! for the seats, the wipes are worthless, get the spray stuff and some paper towels. i used mothers or mcguire, two step. for the carpet i have a steam cleaner for my house with an upholstery attachment that i used to clean the mats and carpet. worked out very well.

· Registered
642 Posts
erm interior wash... most the stuff is APC (All Purpose Cleaner) washable..
just scrub..
washing leather.. make sure u dry it fast..
carpet little green machine... any steam clean machine that'll fit...
if u dont have that... lots of hot water and shop vac..
make sure you vacuum the car before "heating" up the carpet..

· Registered
31 Posts
i use windex wipes on the leather. i kno, i kno, most of you think it will dry it out or bleach it but it actually works very well. it brings back the leather smell. and as a finishing touch you can use the mothers leather spray that looks like a mini fire extinguisher. its the best conditioner out there! (or atleast in my opinion) for the carpet first vacuum it then use scotch carpet cleaner. it cleans it very well, the smell isnt too noticable, and it protects against future stains. my interior is still like new and even though i smoke in my car you could never tell. dont forget the little nicks and crannys in the seats, lots of dirt/crumbs get stuck there.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I know what you mean about those little cracks & all, I spend half the time cleaning those areas. The front seats are what I really need the help on, mainly just the part you sit on. I do have steam cleaner but I just haven't had the time to do it. I also meant to ask for anyone that's used a steam cleaner, what was the drying process like & how long did it take to dry?

· Registered
50,073 Posts
for the steam cleaner - just make sure you suck up as much of the moisture as you can, then leave the windows down. if it is a warm day it'll dry quickly, probably about an hour or so. the carpet in my house dries in about 2-3 hours.

· Registered
23,747 Posts
For cleaning/conditioning leather I have found that the conditioner sold by Restoration Hardware (furniture and knick-knack store found in malls usually) works best. The stuff is expensive but works awesome. As far as cleaning the carpets I would use a steam cleaner and when it is all clean go out and get yourself some good rubber mats. They will help to keep your carpet clean. I also like to keep quick detailing wipes and a small horse-hair brush in my console for when I am sitting in traffic or at a long light. I use them to keep the dash/vents from collecting alot of dirt, dust, and pollen between real cleanings.

· Registered
3 Posts
Cleaning Williw Interior Help

I've been able to keep my willow interior pretty clean, but since I've been drivng alot more now because I work further than I use to, I notice my interior is getting dirty quicker than it used to. I just need help on what products to use for the leather. I use those Maguires leather wipes, but they're not working as great as they use to. I also need advice on how to clean the carpet (not the floor mats). I like to do all this myself, I really don't like taking my car to the car wash.
On napkins, I’ll immediately say that it’s better to take microfiber towels. For cleaning leather, fabrics and carpet, read here Car steam cleaning process | What is car steam clean? this article is about cleaning a car with steam. Car steam cleaner can safely clean all surfaces including the carpet. Try it and post what happens.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts