Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm working on cleaning my windows yesterday and I'm tryin to take care of my back windshield with some 3M window cleaner, but I'm noticing some dried Grease spots where peoples heads have rubbed up against the window. I begin to apply the stuff and it just ends up smearing it everywhere...and it was a pain to clean. It still isn't very clean. [banghead]

I'm 6'3" so I barely fit back there as it is, not to mention twisting around 480 degrees to clean it. Maybe I'll clean it with some engine degreaser next time. I vowed to not let anyone sit in my back seat any more, unless they wearing a hat or somethin...Am I the only person that has that issue? Sheesh. I need some shorter friends or some that wash their hair at least or somethin....[timebomb]

that's it, i just felt the need to vent. Thanks for listenin...

· Registered
70 Posts
damn tell your friends to wash their hair lol... or if you got bald friends then have some wipes and baby powder handy to pat their heads with lol

Coming Soon 2005 G35 Coupe 5AT DG/S, Premium, Nav, Tire/Wheel Package

· Registered
256 Posts
Put down the rear seat when cleaning the back glass. I find it much easier to clean if I'm lying down on the folded half with my legs inside the trunk.

Kash

<font color="navy">04 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Ivory Pearl | Graphite | Nav/Premium | 4-piece aero kit w/ Spoiler | XM Radio | JDM Clear side markers</font id="navy">

· Registered
3,373 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm lying down on the folded half with my legs inside the trunk.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That paints a funny mental picture. I would love to see the expression on one of your neighbors faces as they walk by your house and see you doing this. [:D]

You could always hire a midget to jump in there and clean it for you.

· Registered
2,969 Posts
Never had to use degreaser, but I agree that it's a pain in the a$$ trying to clean the entire back window. I didn't think about putting the back seats down, but look forward to trying it (no matter how silly it looks ;-) )

"People on 'ludes should not drive"- Jeff Spicoli

· Registered
256 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by partyman66

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm lying down on the folded half with my legs inside the trunk.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I would love to see the expression on one of your neighbors faces as they walk by your house and see you doing this. [:D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
They already think I'm nuts since the only time they see me is when I'm cleaning the car/rims. I'm the idiot who cleans his rims/tires 10pm at night before going out on the weekends! So trust me, they already know that I'm a [loser].

<font color="navy">04 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Ivory Pearl | Graphite | Nav/Premium | 4-piece aero kit w/ Spoiler | XM Radio | JDM Clear side markers</font id="navy">

· Registered
13,598 Posts
Your friends do know that the Jerry-curl look is out right?

|04 G35c desert platinum|5at|premium|sport package|aero|navi|18" alloy rims & performance tires|front lip|drilled aluminum pedals|clear corners|Nismo Gen.II CAI

· Registered
1,402 Posts
Yet another benefit of having a younger child who fits and doesn't mind crawling around back there.

And I, too would mak the G a "no hair products zone"

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW that's a great idea though about putting the seat down. Didnt even think of that. I'll do that tonite when i get home to continue my attempt at cleaning it.

Just one more reason they need to work on the new 2006 G35 Convertible...

· Registered
356 Posts
I've been fortunate enough that only people who're 5'8 and shorter have sat in the back seat... normally, the only person I let sit back there is my roommate's gf, because she's short (5'3 or so), so I don't have much of a problem that way.. But yeah, I'd definitely not let anybody back there. f 'em!

- diz
['04 G35 Coupe 5AT/Brilliant Silver/Willow/Premium Package/Wheels & Tire Package/Clear Corners/Clear Bra]
[Aftermarket Audio Upgrades: http://cars.netmonkey.org/view_album.php?set_albumName=bsg35-audio]

· Registered
5,188 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by partyman66
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I believe they like to be called little people

I use Stoner's Class Cleaner. It works great but I still only clean the back windows ever 2 car washes cuz it's a bitch to get back there ... and I'm only like 5'6"

· Registered
3,373 Posts
Speaking of slimy hair products...
My cousin is big into the slimy club-going/player look(Tons and tons of hair gel and various shiny sprays), and we went to a club 2 weekends ago in my G35.
He fell asleep in the G on the way home, and whatever nasty hair products he used made my headrest on the passengers side look like what you'd expect after taking Fonzy out for a ride. It was covered with a rediculously thick later of this shiny/greasy crap. Fortunately, it all came off very easily and didn't leave any marks.

· Registered
13,598 Posts
Make him wear a plastic grocery bag over his head next time. Just be sure to cut a hole out so that he can breathe.

|04 G35c desert platinum|5at|premium|sport package|aero|navi|18" alloy rims & performance tires|front lip|drilled aluminum pedals|clear corners|Nismo Gen.II CAI

· Registered
1,775 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Ru_G36c

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I believe they like to be called little people

I use Stoner's Class Cleaner. It works great but I still only clean the back windows ever 2 car washes cuz it's a bitch to get back there ... and I'm only like 5'6"

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">[werd][werd]Stoner's Invisble Glass is 10X better than Windex. That and a microfiber towel will set you free.[phatyo]

03 Laser Red 6MT | Willow int | 30% Tint and 3M Clear Bra

· Registered
573 Posts
Yeah I'm a skinny guy but I can't even fit my hand/arm down near where the rear window glass meets the rear deck behind the seats, due to the angle of the glass. I might have to get one of those tint application blades to wrap a towel around to really wash & dry the glass back there.

Also, I have noticed that there is a "fog" that builds up on the glass regardless of people sitting in the back. My back seats are still virgin but all the interior glass will start to grow a "fog" over it unless you clean it like every month or two with a wet towel and dry it.

· Registered
64 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kashif

Put down the rear seat when cleaning the back glass. I find it much easier to clean if I'm lying down on the folded half with my legs inside the trunk.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Damn, I gotta try this too. I cleaned the interior a few weeks ago, which in turn hazed up my windows. Whenever I clean the windows though, it becomes a multi-phased task as I always miss spots here and there, but the rear windshield is the worst. It always takes me 2-3 tries to get everything.

· Registered
95 Posts
they should've made the g35 coupe's trunk into a hatch like the 93-98 supras.. it would've be 10x easier to clean...

------------------------
-rest in peace.. =(
1994 honda accord ex
269whp/ 281wtq @ 14psi
now..
TB 6mt w/navi

· Registered
2,969 Posts
Ru talked me into using Stoner's Invisible Glass and I'm very happy that he did. It's really good stuff. I just need to get a microfiber towel to replace the newspaper that I usually use to clean the windows.

"People on 'ludes should not drive"- Jeff Spicoli

· Registered
852 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Put down the rear seat when cleaning the back glass. I find it much easier to clean if I'm lying down on the folded half with my legs inside the trunk.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey thanks for the tip great idea for getting busy in the small cramped back seat![:D]

'04 Infiniti G35/coupe/6MT/Ivory Pearl/Willow Leather/Premium Pkg/Aero Kit

1 - 20 of 26 Posts