Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked on the bottom of my G35 coup. and noted that the bottom has a plastic cover over the bottom. So, if I think right. To change the oil and filter you must remove it? That's a pain in the a--. Or maybe I wrong Help.
Allan

2003 Graphite, 5AT, Permium Pk.,Aero Pk, Performance Pk.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You're doing it wrong. All you have to do is put the keys in, start it, and drive it to the dealership. You ask for an oil change and then you wait. All done!

[:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

You're doing it wrong. All you have to do is put the keys in, start it, and drive it to the dealership. You ask for an oil change and then you wait. All done!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LOL. I remember when I used to change my own oil. That was a loooooong time ago, when I actually HAD time. But hey, if Allan wants to do it, more power to him. It's all about lovin' your car ain't it, lead?

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

It's all about lovin' your car ain't it, lead?
Absolutely! I was just yankin' your chain there Allan. [:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOLOLOLOL What can I say: LOLOLO The dealers put in reg oil. I would to put in the Fake oil< Forget the name of it. I have friend at Mavis tires and can use there lift. Yes I like to do it.
Allan

2003 Graphite, 5AT, Permium Pk.,Aero Pk, Performance Pk.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Allan

LOLOLOLOL What can I say: LOLOLO The dealers put in reg oil. I would to put in the Fake oil< Forget the name of it. I have friend at Mavis tires and can use there lift. Yes I like to do it.

Allan,

Do a search in this forum. I think there was a guy from Austin that described the pan removal and how he went about changing his oil. If I had to guess, I'd say it was back in March?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hey Allan,

You can talk to the dealer and they would give you a break off the Oil Change Price if you bring them your own oil. That is popular in FL.

I was watching the Infiniti Service Dept remove the cover. All they do is loosen the screws from the cover on the side closest to the car's rear and leave the front ones in tact. This will make the cover hang forward. That will give you enough space to do your thing up there. This requires a lot of ground clearance to do all this, seeing that the car is so low...No matter what you do....BE CAREFUL..There is nothing worse than a 3300lb car on top of you.. ..[crazy]

Finally !! | 2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.