Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font size="2"></font id="size2"><font face="Arial"></font id="Arial"><font color="black"></font id="black">

Hi,Hi,

First of all, I am new to this site. Still in the research stage of buying a G. Found this site very helpful.Lots of friendly folks who seem to care for each other. Thank you all for this nice forum.

I am single,26 adn have been driving a maxima(95) for 2 yrs, pretty much with just 2 people/single. With my wedding down the corner and possibilities of my parents and hers visiting often, I am wondering if the coupe can be the only car in a household ??
Folks who have the coupe as the only car pl. help me out here. Should I sell my maxima or do I NEED to have it in case....
1) I am just a tad apprehensive about driving my coupe for ALL the chores like groceries, laundry place etc or downtown or cramped university parking spots etc. in fear of dents,dings etc.
2) Then the thought of two elderly adults cramped behind is a little disconcerting .
3) Has any coupe owner travelled with more than 2 people for a long distance of say 250+ miles ? If so, what are your experiences.
4) Having being used to drving a large sedan for 2 years, I feel almost a little selfish goin in for the coupe, but after test drvining the g35 sedan and couple, I totally completely fell in love with the coupe.

Any help appreciated. Thank you in advance,

in-2-minds.

·
Registered
33 Posts
your old lady is gonna lay it down and make you get the sedan

the coupe is not practical - it is not supposed to be

if you need practical you cant get the coupe

CALL THE WEDDING OFF!! BUY THE COUPE

driving w 3 people is not bad

4 people is lame if i have to move my seat cause the seats dont have memory position

G35 6mt
blue/graphite
everything but nav. - cause men don't need directions from anything

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have a coupe and two roommates, both about 6'. I always drive because, well, my car's the coolest. The headroom in the back sucks but the legroom is fantastic for the car's size and no one seems to complain too much.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">ALL the chores like groceries, laundry place etc <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've never had any trouble with this sort of stuff.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">or cramped university parking spots etc. in fear of dents,dings etc.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

THAT might make me uncomfortable though. I made a point of not having a nice car in college. After the riff raff got done with my Prizm, the sides contained the paint from half the cars at ASU.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">2) Then the thought of two elderly adults cramped behind is a little disconcerting .<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

There's no reason they can't rent a car when they come to visit you.

;)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">3) Has any coupe owner travelled with more than 2 people for a long distance of say 250+ miles ? If so, what are your experiences.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

All my REAL distance driving has been with two or fewer total occupants so I can't comment. Sorry.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">4) Having being used to drving a large sedan for 2 years, I feel almost a little selfish goin in for the coupe, but after test drvining the g35 sedan and couple, I totally completely fell in love with the coupe.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'll recommend a great book:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2VRDMBMHBB&isbn=0451163931&itm=1

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Get the coupe, and an FX45 for the family!

All kidding aside, the coupe is not a practical car. I love my coupe and wouldn't trade it for anything (not even a sedan). I also have 3 kids -- but that's why we have the minivan.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Get the coupe, and an FX45 for the family!

All kidding aside, the coupe is not a practical car. I love my coupe and wouldn't trade it for anything (not even a sedan). I also have 3 kids -- but that's why we have the minivan.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

Get an aerokit sport sedan, and you have the best of both worlds! [:D]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jonathan
CALL THE WEDDING OFF!! BUY THE COUPE<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I like your style.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Get an aerokit sport sedan, and you have the best of both worlds! [:D]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

Thank you for all the inputs. The aerokit sedan does seem like a decent compromise.....OR I could have my maxima and buy a coupe [^] !!!!
That way, Jonathan, I will not have to call off the wedding...And SemiOn, thanks for that link. I might check out that book [:D] ...

Will decide in a month or so... [banghead]

Hey, I heard Subaru is coming up with a WRX-sTi(I think) with 300 hp in June and Pontiac GTP has a 260hp(280 torque)...Do any of you think that will bring down the price of the g35 coupe/sedan ?
-
in-2-minds

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hey, I heard Subaru is coming up with a WRX-sTi(I think) with 300 hp in June and Pontiac GTP has a 260hp(280 torque)...Do any of you think that will bring down the price of the g35 coupe/sedan ?

WRX STi and GTO. And no, it won't drive down the price. They aren't competing in the same category and lux cars don't really ever have their new price decrease.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

1 - 9 of 9 Posts