Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive looked at the manual and i couldnt find anything, i wanted to know if there is a way to correct this? im talking about the navigation system security thing, it wont let u use the navigation system while ur driving, u can only do thing when ur in a complete stop...this is really annoying and i was wondering if anyboddy knows how to make it function even when ur not in a complete stop.

THANKS ALOT

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
As far as I know there is no way around this "safety" feature. Certain functions are still available, but the ones that require a lot more attention are disabled to make sure you don't screw around while you drive. A good idea in my opinion, but, not so good if you have a copilot who could easilly attend to it.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
427 Posts
Is this only on the automatic series, cuz i know that when you purchase a lcd screen (sftermarket) for your car int he front it wont let u play a movie unless u have the E-brake on. So all you havce to do is cut some wire that is easily located along the path of the e-brake cord to the rear brake. here would be some areas to look at if u have an automatic: if u need to put it in park check ur transmision area for any cord u could cut (so to speak), or if you just have to be below some speed check the sensor for where your speed is read out, or if you have to have ur foot on the brake check the brake system for some cord. BUT DO THIS IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER DONT JUST START CUTTING THINGS. the only thing im not dure about is say u were able to find the cord and u cut it or remove it, would this cause some error? dont know but i hope this helps u, and sorry for my righting it is 1:20 in the morning. late

·
Registered
74 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Fwabs

Is this only on the automatic series, cuz i know that when you purchase a lcd screen (sftermarket) for your car int he front it wont let u play a movie unless u have the E-brake on. So all you havce to do is cut some wire...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Actually the work around is quite the opposite of your suggestion. Aftermarket Nav systems lock you out depending on the state of the emergency brake light. If the light is on, the Nav system controls work. If the light is off, you cannot make changes. By cutting any wires, you insure that the brake light will not come on. Instead what is usually done, is that the sensor for the Nav system is wired to something that has a constant voltage. Be aware that in many states this is illegal.

I am not positive, but I believe the factory installed nav system on the G actually ties into the speed sensor. You will notice that you can make changes at low speed (5 MPH), but once you get going you are locked out. So even applying your E brake to engage the brake light does not work. I am not aware of any work arounds for this.

peace

·
Registered
550 Posts
DONT'T DO IT!!!!!!! [bs]
Please!!..Don't cut the wires..You might regret it

Finally !! | 2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
427 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gumbee

Actually the work around is quite the opposite of your suggestion. Aftermarket Nav systems lock you out depending on the state of the emergency brake light. If the light is on, the Nav system controls work. If the light is off, you cannot make changes.
peace

Did u even read what i wrote, i said exactly the same thing as what ur saying, when the e-brake is on u can whatch a movie, but whatever just sayin. And about cutting the wire of course u shouldn't just take some wire cutters and snip the thing off, i would suggest going to a good car stereo place where u can ask them where the wire is, they will not be able to do it for u but they will pretty much tell u where it is and what u would have to do in a hinting manner. hope u find out Viczeva what it is that u have to do to get it to work.

·
Registered
74 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Fwabs

Did u even read what i wrote, i said exactly the same thing as what ur saying...

Although it is difficult through the bad spelling and poor grammer, I did read your post. This is what concerned me.

We are not in agreement. You believe the e-brake is responsible for controlling the Nav System. You also mention that a wire somewhere near the rear brakes can be cut to bypass this "safety" feature.

On after-market Nav Systems, it is not the e-brake. It is the e-brake LIGHT. The light comes on when the circuit is completed by engaging the e-brake. In a professional installation, the Nav system is also tied into this circuit, and thus when the circuit is closed you can control the Nav System. It has NOTHING to do with wires near your brakes. This can be defeated by connecting the Nav sensor to a different, permanently closed circuit.

As for optional factory installed Nav Systems (G35 included), the sensor is not simply control by the e-brake light. Instead it is tied into the speed sensor.

Perhaps you meant to suggest that someone cut the speedomter wires. ;)

peace

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by gumbee

Although it is difficult through the bad spelling and poor grammer, I did read your post. This is what concerned me.

Not to pick on you gumbee, but it's GRAMMAR. [lol]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
74 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot
Not to pick on you gumbee, but it's GRAMMAR. [lol]

DOH!!!
I even had to edit my post to correct other misspellings.

peace

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Irony at its best! [lol]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.