Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another interesting topic. Camber is referred to the lateral position of a tire in proportion to the body of the vehicle. Do G35s have adjustable camber for alignment? I am lowering my car on Friday, and one of the service consultants said he thinks the rear only is adjustable. He also told me to not worry, since a 4-wheel alignment at the dealer will adjust all possible mediums to dead center.

Can somebody specify if they have any experience with camber alignment, or know if it is adjustable on the G? (Just for peace of mind, since I'll know about tire wear, etc.) I saw a lowered 350Z the other day on the road, and the rear tires had some camber, but then again, he probably did not get his camber adjusted, or did not align his car at all.

I know for a fact that camber adjustment is crucial to tire wear after lowering a car, but maybe the story is not that bad with G's? Thanks for any info guys...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
96 Posts
Camber is adjustable at all for corners of the G35. If the control arm was removed from the spring assembly when your car is/was lowered (I don't see how it couldn't have been) then the camber will need to be checked and adjusted as needed. And yes, it is critical for normal tire wear in any automobile.

Many manufacturers make camber kits for performance cars so that a negative camber can be dialed in, making for improved cornering. I know that these are available for BMW, but I haven't seen any for the G35's as of yet.

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
869 Posts
G-man is correct, if the G35 does not have adjustable camber, you may want to purchase camber adjustment kits. The most common manufacturer for compact import applications is Ingalls. I would say check their website to see if there are any applications for the G35 yet.

http://www.ingallseng.com/cars/infiniti.html

I looked, and it seems as though they do not currently have a kit for the G35, but if they make it for so many other Infiniti's it is only time before they realize there is a market for the G35.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
This might be something for me to look into with autocross!

[bigeyes]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
As far as I know, the only kit (which has just recently become available) is from K-Mac in Australia. They have it listed as a 350z part, which is the same fit as the G's. It goes for about $500 plus shipping and is a camber/caster kit.

http://www.k-mac.com/

<font size="1">'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav</font id="size1">

·
Registered
1 Posts
i recently put in an order for the Kinetic Racing camber rods / traction rods - there's a monster post about em on my350 - seems that everybody who's got them loves them, i'll be installing them along with my coil overs and wheels (as soon as the damn wheels clear customs) sedan and coupe, they will fit both - which leads me to believe that most coupe applications will fit the sedan anyway.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by hyeteck

http://www.i-m-racing.com/sostrecaad35.html

made by stillen
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Those are for the rear anyway. Our rear camber is already adjustable from the factory. We were talking about the front.

<font size="1">'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav</font id="size1">

·
Registered
1,768 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donpalombella

Lead,
Are you sure?
I thought all of the problems were due to the rears having too limited adjustment capabilities.
It might be true that it's limited, but as much as my car was lowered, they were still able to adjust the rear to spec, while not being able to do anything about the front.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donpalombella

That sucks....
BTW, how well do you like your Tien's?
Aside from the extra squeaking, they're awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts