Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be prepared to pay anywhere from 37k - 40k + for a used coupe.

Infiniti is NOT allowed to mark up the price of the car over sticker. With that said, what is happening is some dealers are buying any extra cars they have on order and then turning around and selling them to thei<font color="red"></font id="red">r used car department. Once the car is on the used lot, it can be marked up. :(

G35 Coupe
Brilliant Silver
Auto
Everything but NAV
http://www.corevoltage.com

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lame! What part of the country are you in? I will have to keep my eye open for that. I had a similar experience happen over the weekend. I had a quote from cars direct and dealership tried to pad the quoted price by trying screwing me 2.5k on my trade.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Black Obsidian / Graphite

·
Registered
72 Posts
cwise, that's what I have seen also. Some dealerships were adding a "premium" onto the sticker price of $1000, saying that is was for an extra clear coat layer that they put on themselves. Sounds like a load of crap to me.

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree, it seems that a dealership could ask whatever they want for a car. Also, after reading my last post, it did not seem to clear that I was agreeing with you cwise. Sorry about any confusion.

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in Dallas, Texas. My information comes from Infiniti. Although Infiniti is not allowed to markup the MSRP, they find loop holds such as selling as a used car or by adding some lame package (who needs pin strips). I paid MSRP for my coupe and I did shop around. I found another dealership that tried to sell me a coupe for 41k and it was a base car. Carsdirect is not a member of Infiniti and is a third party which is why you can expect to pay much more.

G35 Coupe
Brilliant Silver
Auto
Everything but NAV

·
Registered
72 Posts
wow, thats a pretty large markup. I did have a question though, when you said that dealerships were not discounting the price, did you mean the actual sticker price with all the options?

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hey phr...where in Dallas are you at? Im originally from Richardson. Yes I agree with CWISE and have seen dealers do this MANY times. They can charge WHATEVER THEY WANT for a car and mark it up above MSRP cause say the car is 'rare' and in HIGH demand. Glad to see you got yours at MSRP though. [:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live just outside of Desoto. Its south of dallas. Well as for the markup all I can say is to shop around (which im sure you guys are). I wish I was right but obviously you guys have experiencend this markup in several locations. Good luck.

G35 Coupe
Brilliant Silver
Auto
Everything but NAV

·
Registered
72 Posts
maybe you guys should start shopping in Greenville, South Carolina. I was able to get my coupe for $1000 under MSRP. [^]

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
WOW...a $1000 under MSRP gsu??? How is that possible. I don't understand it since every dealer surrounding me within 200 miles of Houston has told me there is a 6month waiting period for one now...but glad you guys were able to get a hold of one for those prices...thats great! [:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It's South Carolina. The other people aren't literate enough to have heard of the car, thus keeping demand to a minimum.

[:p]

Only teasing of course (since so many here seem to miss it when I joke).

·
Registered
153 Posts
My bro got his Tahoe in South Carolina at a real good deal and had it brought down to South Florida...hmm that just gave me an idea....

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have to agree with semi. After moving from Atlanta to the mobile home capital of the United States, I definitely see why demand for his car would be lower. But it sure is nice being one of the only g's on the road. [:D]

'03 platinum coupe

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I got the license frame for free along with two key chains and a CD wallet.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I thought you got a house plant Semi?[:p]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I too got a CD wallet and a key chain in my G35 pizza box kit they gave me...[:D] NO FREAKIN house plant though...hehe!

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Quite right, though the house plant and the starbucks gift card didn't come for a couple weeks after the purchase. The stuff I listed they gave me at signing.

It's the least they can do for $40k.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hey I agree Semi...I would of loved a houseplant. Not the type of thing I would buy but like to get as a gift...hehe! Don't think I will be getting one either since I bought my car LAST APRIL!!! Infiniti b*stards! [:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts