Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
cmrz said:
... (even my 99 camaro did not spin tires unless i did a neutral drop on it.......

Neutral drop??????...........................NNNNNNNNooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
forget neutral dropping it, like i said before my buddy did that in a mustang and shattered his rear...before any ford comments are made dont forget the ford 9 inch :cool:

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
Okay let me first start off by saying that ford mustangs suck.

Now that I've got that out of my system........it's also pretty tough to break loose the kind of tires that are coming oem on these cars nowdays. Back in the day when you are running 15" wheels and narrow tires it was cake to brake those boys loose. Today's maximum performance 245's make that it bit more difficult.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
i dont know this mustang had 285's z rated, i just think its the car thats all...it has plenty of power to spin them

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
haha ya maybe that would work, maybe i'll throw on a s/c with a fmic on my sweet g35 with a z front end;-)

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
g35guy8 said:
i dont know this mustang had 285's z rated, i just think its the car thats all...it has plenty of power to spin them
The G has way more than enough torque to spin tires. Z rating is for speed which in most cases relates to performance, but not all z rated tires are maximum performance tires.

I could smoke the crap out of Z rated tires on my Prelude, but then again those were 15" wheels.

Now that being said the G is not going to vaporize a tire like a car that's got 50% more displacement than it, but it's got way more than enough to get the job done.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
GZire said:
The G has way more than enough torque to spin tires. Z rating is for speed which in most cases relates to performance, but not all z rated tires are maximum performance tires.

I could smoke the crap out of Z rated tires on my Prelude, but then again those were 15" wheels.

Now that being said the G is not going to vaporize a tire like a car that's got 50% more displacement than it, but it's got way more than enough to get the job done.
It was a 6 banger musty haha and my buddy put 285's on them:confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
it was an 01 6 banger musty with 285/40/17 nitto 555's cobra rims, 3:73 gears...intake, exhaust, chip, cam, headers...even with that stuff done...not a fast car, but the 285's were a little overkill if you ask me, the car came stock with 215's and these tires came off of a cobra

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
Tires are pretty good, but the other work your friend did I'm sure freed up a ton of power. Those shits can get the power real quick (but can't turn and stop, so why bother).

Thus endeth my latest raging on the mustang.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
ya we can trash the mustang all we want...but in reality they are faster than ours:( especially that new cobra....runs in the 12's for around 43k:eek:

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
g35guy8 said:
ya we can trash the mustang all we want...but in reality they are faster than ours:( especially that new cobra....runs in the 12's for around 43k:eek:
Hey a cobra isn't your run of the mill mustang. When the GT-R comes back out it won't be your run of the mill Skyline. The ponies are going to be killed and used for glue (and a shitty glue) when it comes out.

BTW SVT has been known to kill the hp getting to the wheels from the engine. I hate those guys.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
GZire said:
Hey a cobra isn't your run of the mill mustang. When the GT-R comes back out it won't be your run of the mill Skyline. The ponies are going to be killed and used for glue (and a shitty glue) when it comes out.

BTW SVT has been known to kill the hp getting to the wheels from the engine. I hate those guys.
ya but i think the new gtr isnt going to be anything that special...the z06 will still dominate it, i think they should be going after that car and bring japan back in the performance market....SVT has been known to make some very sweet cars i.e. 03-04 cobras...mmm that s/c whine makes me happy

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
I don't know about the C6 Z06 dominating the GT-R. It's definitely going to have a weight advantage over the GT-R, however the GT-R will have the potential to boost and have an incredible hp advantage, this coupled with an AWD system will make the GT-R a really difficult car to deal with (both on a 1/4 mile strip and on a road track).

It's still too early to tell, but it'll be interesting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
ya keyword is potential....you know how much potential the z06 has?? just adding exhaust to those cars can add up to 50 hp...not to mention it is one of the best handling cars out there...it dominated the 'ring the new skyline does look pretty promising, but remember the z06 comes with an aluminum big block with low weight with awesome handling...imagine when people start s/cing those things:-o

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
We don't know what the C6 Z06's potential is like. However you must remember that the new GT-R is coming out of the box as a forced induction car. The Z06 if you want to go FI will have a very expensive learning curve unless it's backed by a factory effort. One of the great things about the Vettes is that the displacement doesn't overboost, or start getting other funky problems that you see with FI cars (or at least FI cars that started out as NA cars).

Cosworth is going to have something like 3 years of research into this engine before it's produced. The information gathered here is going to make this a tough match right out of the gates.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
g35guy8 said:
ya keyword is potential....you know how much potential the z06 has?? just adding exhaust to those cars can add up to 50 hp...not to mention it is one of the best handling cars out there...it dominated the 'ring the new skyline does look pretty promising, but remember the z06 comes with an aluminum big block with low weight with awesome handling...imagine when people start s/cing those things:-o
Ha, who said you could get 50 hp with exhaust to a Z06?

41 - 60 of 87 Posts