Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ya a car with 260ft lbs or torque should be more than able to break traction at a standstill...back in the day I had a 92 auto camaro with I think a 2k to 2500 stall speed....didn't matter, it broke free no problem at all....I've heard that the g35 has a saftey switch on the brake pedal that kills 90% of the engine power when the brake is applied, this sounds more logical rather than just a low stall speed converter:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
g35guy8 said:
ya a car with 260ft lbs or torque should be more than able to break traction at a standstill...back in the day I had a 92 auto camaro with I think a 2k to 2500 stall speed....didn't matter, it broke free no problem at all....I've heard that the g35 has a saftey switch on the brake pedal that kills 90% of the engine power when the brake is applied, this sounds more logical rather than just a low stall speed converter:rolleyes:
Like I said before, 260 ft lbs is achieved at 4800 rpm, not 3000 where the stall rate currently is.

Interesting about the saftey switch on the break pedal. Take that off and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, get a high stall converter allowing higher rpm's resulting in more torque at the stall point. And while the tranny is out doing that, throw in a kit on the valve body to reduce slippage.

Or, rig up some sprayers under your G to squirt your tires or ground with water or something :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I had a 91 and a 99 camaro (both V6) and both were good for showing off.... but like someone said already... dont forget about the weight difference.

Camaros have all the weight up front , where as the G is very close to 50/50 distribution (i think 48%/52% ?)

anyway... more weight. -everything is computer controlled now... if the comptur thinks you should not spin the wheels .... well ... (even my 99 camaro did not spin tires unless i did a neutral drop on it - very low rpm though - thats how i never broke the rear end, but it was enough to spin tires if you time it right)

·
Registered
83 Posts
i still dont get y u want to do a burnout?....even when i was in HS ppl only did burnouts to warm the tires up for racing...never to impress nobody...

they are pointless...unless u r a drifter and ur getting points for smoke...come on now...if u r SO inclined to burnout...water up the tiresm liek the guys said..and floor it with ur VDC off...i still dont get the point lol...

if u want to "show-off" manual trannys is wher eu got to go...chirp...peel out..but for some reason i cant really burn-out even at a launch..

..with the LSD light having a seizure on me..then 2nd catches i catch the car..chirp through third...im still working on chirping 4th..i can feel the car wants to do it..i just ahve to find the right shift point..but then again i only do that shit when im racing..

the best thign to do to impress ppl is to drift the G...SOO EASY in a manual...i dont know about u guys..but dropping the clutch at 2500 then flooring it..with the wheel cut..the recutting it to the direction u want..now thats something ppl love...

burn-outs are for noobs...drifting is for champs!

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
xxbrualxx said:
burn-outs are for noobs...drifting is for champs!
eek!!!

i was under the impression that us G owners bought the car so they we could look good just sitting at a stop light!

honda's will pass me, and try to chirp there tires and I would always say "f*ck that sh!t, he knows he aint got nuthin on me"

G35=drive it slow, and still look good :cool:

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I dont understand this "drive slow" phase!!!! What I love is when you sit at a stop light and a honda civic pulls up with a modded exhaust taht sounds like crap... I just touch that gas peddal and that beautiful note comes from the G's exhaust.

Thats all you have to say (or rather let the G speak for you here) - and if the civic still does not back off - well... ....embarass him!!! especially if he has his girlfriend in the car :twisted: make him PHEAR the G (yes that was fear with a capital PH)

thats all you really need to do. . . . . . . .

oh and don't try drifts unless you know what you are doing. The G has a lot of power and will spin out easily with the VDC off. This is a good way to slide off the road and or hit the curb and mess up your allignment, wheels and tires.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
g35guy8 said:
Now let's remember, what kind of rear end did F bodies and Fox bodies come with? That's right, live axles! This old technology helps low torque motors with push-rods break the tires loose any time of day. We all had one of these, my dad had a 95 Trans-Am 6 spd, and all it took was mashing the gas and the 265s in the back would spin all day. It handled like a racing pig though. The independent rear on the G's help keep the tires to the ground.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I love the fucks out of burnouts, but guess what? ANY CAR CAN BURN OUT!!! It takes something special to actually put the power to the wheels and get to 60 as quick as possible. I'll get a vid of my 95 Windstar doing a burnout if you like.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
oops ... there goes a set of $300 tires....

but nice videos - even if the guys almost hit the trucks in the first one ....

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
yea, any car can peelout (unless its AWD 4x4).....its just easier to do so on some.

i am just saying you dont need/have to peel out or speed in a G35 to impress the ladies :-D :cool: just drive on by! let tham....give them time to fully enjoy the lines of your G!

·
Registered
583 Posts
g35guy8 said:
I would check the Camero again. It's probably higher than that. Even if not, 2500rpm may just be enough for that V8 to break traction on the rear with only 40% or so weight. Whatever it is, the G's torque converter, gear ratio, weight balance, tire compound... is simply not designed to give you enough torque for a power brake burn out.

If you really think it's logical that NISSAN couldn't manipulate all those things I mentioned to stop you from doing a burn out, and had to put in some software to kill 90% of the engine torque while braking, here is something you can try to see for yourself.

Get under the dashboard. Move your hand up along the brake pedal arm. When the brake is not applied, the arm pushes against a couple of spring loaded travel switches. Those are the brake light switches, NOT POWER KILL SWITCHES :), and there are two for redundancy. When you push the pedal down, you can feel the end of the switches come out under spring load. That's when the brake lights go on and the switches send the signal to the rest of the car that the brake is being applied.

Now, it is not impossible that they program the engine controller to cut power when it receives this signal. To test that, you can somehow "tape" these switches in so the brake lights won't go on even when the pedal is pushed down. This way, you know the engine controller has no idea that you're braking. If that allows you to do a burn out, then you just taught us something :)

Think about your claim though. If it cuts 90% of the engine power, that means it's putting out at the best 26ft-lb of torque. You can't possibly reach a 3000rpm stall with that kind of torque. Maybe it's just your typo. Otherwise, whoever told you this...

Oh, if you "tape" those switches in, after a while the VDC/TCS/ABS system will shut down and give you warning lights. That system has a master cylinder pressure sensor. If it sees brake pressure but no brake light switch signal, it will not be happy. Have fun!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Nice^^^^ Yeah, I highly doubt there is a switch for brake torque, I have never heard of it before. Jump in another RWD car and see what happens, it should feel about the same.

·
Registered
83 Posts
yes what eveyrbody said is true..the point im really getting is at..dont do either...the G shows off itself...burnouts are to warm those tires up for better traction..but like show in the videos above...what do u like seeing more?...a car drifting and elaving smoke..or sitting still and smoking it up...i mean fuck ive seen little hatches with there full 70WHP dissappear from their smoke-shows..but who is imrpessed?..haha..now if u can drift at least a good 50-100 FT full sideways ur the man..cuz that shit is hard...

all in all the G itself impresses everybody...i drive by..get nothing but turned ehads...sitting at a stop light..turn my ehad left and right..people grilling the G...

G35 > smoke-shows

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
i have to agree with the last comment... so many people have commented on the car
"what is it?" "nice car" "how fast" ... and so on. and the car was just sitting still. I have come to realize that the G35 looks fast when it is parked, not to mention on the road.

I had one guy follow me into a parking lot just to find out what the car was (I guess he can't read the badges on the back - but oh well)

so many turned heads... and the feeling I get everytime I hold the 2nd and 3rd gears past 4K RPMs :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
:confused: guys....i just like doing burnouts, I usually do it in a parking lot with donuts just because i think its fun, thats all, i get all the looks to. and i believe i was right about the camaro stall speed, i had two of them and got a 2500 stall speed converter which was an upgrade:( it doesnt matter to me that you guys dont like it, although i think i might take some pix of me doing so and bet ya i'll get some thumbs up from you guys. i'll try taping the swich down and see what happens. i heard about that swich from the comment section from one of the vids i posted with the silver g smokin them. it didn't sound right to me either

21 - 40 of 87 Posts