·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
A Solara? A G can eat that for appetizer in any RPM range!!![banghead]

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
DrRick's mentioned in that post! Go DrRick! You better represent your better half, er, um, your G35!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
They shall all rot in hell!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
94 Posts
hey kids play nice with the kids at CL. they are for the most part, a really cool bunch of guys. 1sicklex is one of the most in-depth car guys i know. but he does have his opinions. although after his drive in my car he had this to say.....

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1SICKLEX on ClubLexus
At our meet today, Dr.Rick was gracious enough to let yours truly DRIVE THE SNOT OUTTA his new car. INCREDIBLE RESPONSIVENESS, this is how I want my GS to handle. Incredible drive, very swift 3000rpm and up, fells solid and great exhaust note from the factory. NAV is cool too.

I won't kill it, I'll let Rick tell on his ride
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

so he isnt a hater or anything. and the guys over there def respect all types of cars, regardless of make or model. as long as they are worthy. check out this post from when i first bought the car.....
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...page=15&highlight=finally drrick&pagenumber=1

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
94 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

DrRick's mentioned in that post! Go DrRick! You better represent your better half, er, um, your G35!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

well i was on that board for over a year when i had my GS. and i still frequent it regularly, even though i own an infiniti. there are still a bunch of guys over there that i chat with regularly and even visit when i head back east. that says a lot about the people over there. so take what they say with a grain of salt. but we all know the power of the G[bowdown]

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi folks.

Well, the first kill, obviously the car was new. Not sure how many miles the car had on it but possibly it was green. I've ran a G35 sedan WITH PLATES from 60-120 and it kept up real well but it was behind.

Having driven the Doc's loaded coupe (and shhhhh, a couple at the dealer) the car IS without a doubt a driver's car. An outstanding driver's car. Looks are subjective, hell some think the GS is ugly. Cool, that is their opinion. I find the G35 sedan quite an ugly car. The coupe on the other hand is gorgous and it univerally acknowlegded as Nissan's best looking car in a LONG, LONG, LONG time. As stated, I am huge on interiors and that is not the G35s strong point, as stock handling is not the GSs strong point.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not act like the TL-S guys when their car first came out and they thought it was the best thing since we all got to see BHalle Berry's boobs in "Swordfish". Be objective.

I don't exaggerate, I go to the track, I take vids and I am the first one to tell a story when I GET KILLED. I find those stories more interesting. ANY BOZO can say they beat ______ car. ANd you can tell which bozo is lying by the amount of car lengths they put in their post.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">This a-hole needs a severe beating. I wish I lived in his area. I'd show him what a G with a good driver can do.

I'll let that one ride.

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">This a-hole needs a severe beating. I wish I lived in his area. I'd show him what a G with a good driver can do.

I'll let that one ride.

Do you see any G35 owner's joining a Lexus discussion forum just to post "1" message about our defensive thoughts in regards to their futile comments and opinions? NO. Therefore, you may pack your bags and step out of here. Can em V! [rage]

XL

·
Registered
56 Posts
What are u talking about. I am not going to post 1 message. I knew of the other G35 board but not this one. True, I am a Lexus owner but I am a car enthusiest. Dang, so you want only G35 owners to post here?

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
i told 1SICKLEX about this post and thats why he came. i would think that anyone could post here and be welcome as long as they have a love of cars. please dont prove me wrong.....

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

What are u talking about. I am not going to post 1 message. I knew of the other G35 board but not this one. True, I am a Lexus owner but I am a car enthusiest. Dang, so you want only G35 owners to post here?

Well, since you insist on coming over here to defend your comments (which you are more than welcome to do), then I can point out what it was about your posts that irritated me.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">He got smoked, a car and a 1/2 back, I thought it would be faster. Last seen on the way to the Lexus dealer to buy an IS 300.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

IS 300? Please. Don't you think that's a bit insulting considering you only beat it by a car and 1/2 length and as you mentioned it wasn't even broken in? Please tell me this doesn't sound like a comment a jackass would make?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">BTW, that is one ugly car up front and back, and as bland as a rice-cake from the side.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes, and this from someone who drives a box with owl eyes in the back. Even the newer Volvo's have more curves and better style.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">interiors are my pet peeve, I mean, TECHNICALLY, that is where you and yours spend their time, why would you want a sub-par interior?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Did you come up with this one on your own, or did you just copy this comment from all the Acura owners who have to complain about the interior of our cars since they can't find anything else wrong with it. I've sat in the GS models and yes, they are very nice (both 300 and 430). I don't see a difference in quality with the Lexus and Infinity models. Same materials, same features, same solid construction. And yes, I know the 430 has more room, more features, etc. It should for an extra 15 grand.

Dude, the car has been out 3 months, it has not proved SH!T to me or most anyone else.

Better built than the new Nissan's and G35.
A bit contradictory, don't you think? First you say it's too new to prove anything, then you say your '91 LS is better built than the new Nissan's and G35. How can you tell? Do you know of someone that has a G35 that's falling apart, or did you just make this up? Maybe you took them both apart and inspected the construction.

I'll admit it, I may have been a little harsh with my comments. I just tend to take offense when someone makes comments they can't back up in order to make themselves feel better about the car they drive.

We all have a right to our opinions and I would still like to give you a beating, but to clarify, I mean a beating on an autocross course or a dragstrip somewhere.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
56 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">IS 300? Please. Don't you think that's a bit insulting considering you only beat it by a car and 1/2 length and as you mentioned it wasn't even broken in? Please tell me this doesn't sound like a comment a jackass would make<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's called humor dude. Humor. Jeez. Don't get your panties in a bunch. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Yes, and this from someone who drives a box with owl eyes in the back. Even the newer Volvo's have more curves and better style<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well, if that's what you think cool, the GS is not to everyones liking styling wise. But your talking out your butt. The GS series is not boxy in any shape or form. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Did you come up with this one on your own, or did you just copy this comment from all the Acura owners who have to complain about the interior of our cars since they can't find anything else wrong with it. I've sat in the GS models and yes, they are very nice (both 300 and 430). I don't see a difference in quality with the Lexus and Infinity models. Same materials, same features, same solid construction. And yes, I know the 430 has more room, more features, etc. It should for an extra 15 grand.

The interior could use some work in my opinion. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> bit contradictory, don't you think? First you say it's too new to prove anything, then you say your '91 LS is better built than the new Nissan's and G35. How can you tell? Do you know of someone that has a G35 that's falling apart, or did you just make this up? Maybe you took them both apart and inspected the construction.
Hmmm, I will say after driving the car, you can overlook some things cause it drives so well. But I ain't making anything up. Go to Freshalloy and there are numerous posts complaining about quality, to trannies to seat buttons. How many times did it get re-called it's first year? Anyway, I laughed at the last sentence. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'll admit it, I may have been a little harsh with my comments. I just tend to take offense when someone makes comments they can't back up in order to make themselves feel better about the car they drive.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> AS stated before, after driving the car, it really turned my eyes to it. I tell people all the time, for 28-30k, you'd be pretty silly to buy another Nissan sedan, heck, IMO, it's better than the M45. And seeing as it's won a comparo and two and it offers a manual, it's a true driver's car and true competition to the vaunted 3 series.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'll admit it, I may have been a little harsh with my comments. I just tend to take offense when someone makes comments they can't back up in order to make themselves feel better about the car they drive.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Yeah, me too. Apologies if I came across harsh as well. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">We all have a right to our opinions and I would still like to give you a beating, but to clarify, I mean a beating on an autocross course or a dragstrip somewhere<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[rockon][rockon]

Doc, thanks for playing ref here.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot
I'll admit it, I may have been a little harsh with my comments. I just tend to take offense when someone makes comments they can't back up in order to make themselves feel better about the car they drive.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I have to say that I had the same perspective regarding 1SICK's response, and that's why I reacted that way. Sorry about coming on to you that way. It's just that I do not tolerate pissy winers that only have interest in defending their arguments without proper backing or enough evidence of the given subject, because I wouldn't do it, and I don't consider any true proud driver would. Now I know it's not the case with you. Continue to drive carefully guys...

XL

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think we've worked out our differences, right Mr. Sick? It's all good. It would be a pretty boring world if we all agreed on everything don't you think?

[hypno]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yup. Later this year, I am sure I'll hook up a Lexus/Infinit meet here in Atlanta.

Glad to be here folks.[phatyo]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.