Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I don't know whether it's the color of my car or not, but bugs seem to always bust a kamikaze maneuver on my hood and front bumper. I came from a road trip that was 30 miles away this past weekend, and my front bumper went from Pearl to hurl. I couldn't believe how many creatures had splatted on my windshield, bumper, and hood. Is bug guts as bad as bird droppings for the paint? I haven't got the time to wash it more than twice a week, and the bugs are just loving the car. When I don't have moths landing on my roof just to chill, I'm getting dragonflies that dive at my windshield as if it's non-existent while I'm driving. Sorry if this post seems ridiculous, I just wanted to see if anyone with the darker colors is experiencing anything similar. Peace fellows!

X

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I haven't been able to figure out if it's a factor of the aerodynamics of the car, the speeds at which I travel, the craptacular paint or psychological phennomenon but it does seem like I get 10x as many suicidal bugs with my G.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I think it's because the car is so damn fast, they never see it coming!

[banghead]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a possible explaination... in the US, this is probably the first semblence of warm weather that most of us have seen since we bought our G's. Warm weather, of course, brings the bugs. So therefore, this is the first time we are witnessing the pelting of our vehicles.

Additionally, the G's do have a rather large amount of front surface area. Despite the Aero Package that you may or may not have, I think this creates a large "target" for the flying critters.

I have been pelted quite a bit myself... in fact, today at lunch I decided to post a related topic on this board. X beat me to it!

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
same deal here. more bugs on this car than any other one I've owned. very interesting.

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I noticed a big yellow streak of bug guts on my driver's side mirror this morning. It almost looked like a turn signal. Maybe I can get another bug just like it to fly into my passenger side mirror to match! [:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

I noticed a big yellow streak of bug guts on my driver's side mirror this morning. It almost looked like a turn signal. Maybe I can get another bug just like it to fly into my passenger side mirror to match! [:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LMAO! [lol]

"New and innovative, insectile fluid reflective fake turn signal! At a highway near you! Note: You must be driving your vehicle traveling at a constant 100mph through rural highways (preferably surrounded by immense trees and swamp marshes.) for maximum results!"

Happy bug hunting!

X

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Haha, stupid bugs! Basically we have a wedge moving at high speed. Physics would tell me that the more "slippery" the surface, the more likely something would be pushed up an over vs. sticking. Maybe we need some sort of Teflon wax... listen up Dupont!!!

So what's the speed that an avg. sized bug gets smashed?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

So what's the speed that an avg. sized bug gets smashed?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not sure, but I'm sure it's someones full time job to research exactly that.

<--- Hey, I got my star! [boink]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts