Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the deal? Brembo's site says that bedding the brakes should get rid of the noise on new pads, but since the life span on these pads is so short, I don't exactly want to do a dozen hard stops from 60!

Did you guys have this on your new 6-speeds, and did it eventually go away?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
550 Posts
Squeeling? None here....[cheers]

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Inititally for the first 50 miles it was there, now gone at 150 miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did have some squealing also. It seems to happen when I'm stuck in traffic - becomes more apparent. Lately haven't noticed it though.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it's only when you are creeping to a stop, with little brake pressure. I'm guessing after a few hard stops it will wear in.

6-speed

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Yeah, it's only when you are creeping to a stop, with little brake pressure. I'm guessing after a few hard stops it will wear in.

6-speed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">You got your car right? Let's change the SIG! :D

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohhh, good call! [thmsup]

Doing it now...

2003 G35 Coupe
6-speed

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Excellent! Sig looks much better now!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
They all pretty much do this in the beginning. If you don't want to bed your breaks (though 10 stops is pretty much a drop in the bucket compared to the years of wear you'll put on them...), then just give it a little time. I haven't heard any squealing since the first month or so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to have brake squeal very very rarely. My rotors had that orange "rust" look to them also. A few days ago, I had to slam on my brakes. Now the rotors are nice and shiny but the squeal is more prevalent. Eh I'm sure it will go back to normal after another 100 miles or so.

p.s. I have about 700 miles on her.

2003.5 6MT Black/Graphite Coupe Premium Aero

·
Registered
21 Posts
1700 miles and still have the squeal - started from the third day of ownership. Infiniti has ordered a different set of pads for me, but I'm still waiting for them to come in. I've been reading that someone had their Brembo pads replaced with a different set from the dealer and they are a much softer compound. If that's true, I'll live with the noise and replace the pads with EBC Green Stuff soon.

-Rick

·
Registered
2 Posts
[banghead]I have the absolutely nasty brake noise. I have had it back to the dealership twice. [banghead] When creeping to a stop I scare all the neighborhood dogs. It is really brutal and not getting any better. 700 miles and still squeaky.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My car had a minor squealing situation at 4,000 miles while braking lightly, but now it's all gone [boink].

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have had it since about 150 miles; now at 3000. I'll just replace the OE pads with something that doesn't squeal when the time comes. For now, I just stop a little harder when I'm in front of cute women.

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT,Leather,Prem

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by skidmike

For now, I just stop a little harder when I'm in front of cute women.

-- mike
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That's funny! [lol]

Hey, aren't you glad your name isn't Mark?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
254 Posts
[lol][lol][lol][lol]

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Hey, aren't you glad your name isn't Mark?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Lead, you are too funny! That's a good one!! [lol]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all night! [:D]

1 - 20 of 70 Posts