Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the manual on my coupe and it says not to exceed 4k RPM's. It also says you should not drive it at a constant RPM. All this until you have reached 1400 miles. Has anyone done this? What is everyone’s opinion of this? Thanks

G35 Coupe
Brilliant Silver
Auto
Everything but NAV
http://www.corevoltage.com

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have always heard that you take it easy the first couple thousand miles or so...why? Have you been juicin it up? lol...it would be hard to resist I'm sure...[boink]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Black Obsidian / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Personally I have just heard not to floor it or take it above 4K RPM's for at least the first 1000 miles. Most people do it anyway.

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Motor break in is suggested with all new cars. The idea is that all the little moving parts need a little time to settle into their place and come together perfectly. I've never seen scientific data that showed how important this is, but I did it for the most part with mine, though only to 1000 miles. I did break that rule every once in a while, but not consistently.

Nothing has fallen off yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe well I have been jucin it, but havent squeezed it dry yet. I just got concerned when I read that. Im at 400 milez. gawd I need to hit the highway. the weather has really sucked. When I got my car, it was soo shiny. The next 3 days, stormz :( Parked it in the garage. Got to play with it for 3 days and guess what! Stormz tonight and continuing for 2 more days. Will it ever stop? signed, all wet.

G35 Coupe
Brilliant Silver
Auto
Everything but NAV
http://www.corevoltage.com

·
Registered
143 Posts
How come no bukkake smilies here? Hehe. [:D]
I have seen some really funny ones...but most inappropriate for this forum. [boink]This one and [jaw] are my faves.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

hehe you like this smilie huh Renee...[boink] hehe[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Black Obsidian / Graphite

·
Registered
6 Posts
From my experiences and research the break-in-period is BS. When I did my research on this, I came to find that every manufacturer tests all the engines before they even make it to the dealer. So, in most cases the engines have already been reved to redline a few times.

Now, would I personally take it easy on the car for the first thousand miles or so? Hell yeah! Why? Because I believe it is more of a break-in-period for the car as a whole, and not necessarily the engine. This gives the chasis time to settle in with the suspension, and the transmission time to settle in with the engine, and the electronics time to settle in with everything else.

Well all of that, and because I'm cursed with bad luck when it comes to cars...which is why I'll be yanking the engine and rebuilding it (with some extra funny parts ;) ).

My $.02

Gopal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts