Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is my first new car and i was unaware of the breakin period. the salesman also did not tell me. Well heres the ????'s. I did race the engine a decent amount and did use the cruise for about an hour (i heard this could glaze my cylinder heads and if so what do glazed heads do). I did hit the redline fuel cut off two or three times cause im use to driving a type-R(shift @ almost 9 grand). Please any info of what i might have ruined, but the engine sounds fine as of now but i get like 15 miles per gallon in city. I know im a retard for doing what i did and realize the criticism im about to receive but any help would be appreciated.

6MT coupe
brilliant silver
loaded without nav[banghead]

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Well I think it really depends on the car. I know many many people who don't follow the typical 'break-in period' on any car and have had no problems whats so ever as a result. I wouldn't worry about it until something happens and when this is the case take it back to the dealer you bought it from for warranty repair, just don't mention anything about you not knowing about the break-in period...although your car is covered under warranty under any circumstances I believe.

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Oh and to answer your question on the heads, I really haven't heard the term 'glazed' used with heads that much...belts and clutches yes but not heads...anyone else shed some light on this???

'03 G35 Sedan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts