Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is the following: How much would it cost me to upgrade to the Gold Brembo kits for my sedan, and for the cost, should I just go with after market Brembo kit which would actually have larger rotors and beefier calipers? Please advise...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hey X,

Every review I've read on the Sedan talks about how awesome the stock brakes on the Sedan are, and I've even seen a comparison between the Coupe with the Brembo's and the Sedan with stock. The difference in the 60-0 distance was 2 feet. I think it was a Motor Trend reprint I saw at the dealership, but I don't remember for sure. I don't think it would be worth the time or money to switch them out.

Just my thoughts.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Just get some high temp, plastic coat paint and paint the calipers. I did this on my Prelude and it looked very nice. Matching the gold might be tough (without looking cheese), but high gloss black would look good.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Just get some high temp, plastic coat paint and paint the calipers. I did this on my Prelude and it looked very nice. Matching the gold might be tough (without looking cheese), but high gloss black would look good.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah I do like my stock brakes a lot but I thought maybe a nice upgrade would compliment a lower stance and some nice 19's in the future. But your idea sounds good for the time being VQ. Plasti-Kote makes several colors in the 500 degree paint, but there is one 1500 degree paint that is only made in silver, black, blue, white, and red. Would a white color look too "Civikish", or would it actually compliment my pearl white's exterior? Other than that, should I just keep it original performance silver? What color did you do yours V?

X

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I had a red Prelude, so I painted the calipers red. Looked sharp, and a lot better then the salt-eroded, rusted calipers that were there!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

1 - 5 of 5 Posts