Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Infiniti and Bose have teamed up to give us WONDERFUL quality stereos for our cars. I can personally only vouch for my 96 I30, but it's the greatest car stereo I've heard. Superior quality and quantity of bass, treble, and everything inbetween. I've have since purchased an iPod from Apple Computers (yes I am definitely a mac person), and wonder if there are any inputs in the back of our stereos. Can I take a monster audio cable and connect it to my iPod and my stereo. Right now I just use a cassette adapter and I hate it!!!!!

Also, is ther eany way to upgrade the bose stereos? I probably wouldn't anyways, but just curious.

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Martin. The head unit in the G is actually made by Clarion. Not sure about your current car. Bose makes the amp and speakers only. As for connections, contact Ron at StreetEffectz in Jersey. He sells the Blitz adapters that will plug into your CD changer port so you can play your iPod through your radio.

I added a sub to my Bose stereo in the CL. All you have to do is locate the Bose amp and tap into the signal wires before the amp. It's not that hard [;)]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
30 Posts
VQ, browsed through their site and they really seem to do some incredible work. Do you know if they have a converter to connect an aux into the G's head unit?

'03 6MT (6-Speed Coupe)
Diamond Graphite/Willow

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Unabashed audiophile here.

I don't think you've ever heard good car audio if you find the Bose system impressive.

Bose makes crap. Period. There's a common saying regarding Bose in the audio world, "No highs, no lows, must be Bose."

They counteract the fact that they're speakers roll off around 14kHz high and 60Hz low by over accentuating specific frequency ranges. They also run VERY low impedance speakers in order to drive their crappy little speakers loudly.

The system in the G is no exception. It's bad enough that a couple of friends commented on how bad it sounded when they first road in my car. I'll be replacing it all (not the head) very soon with MB Quarts most likely. If I can find a local place that carries Rainbow, Focal and especially Dynaudio, I may go that route as well.

Bose markets itself well, but that's all it does well. Don't be fooled by good advertisement.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I guess by specs it sucks...but it all about personal preference...how it sounds to your ears...obviously it sounds like crap to your ears to others sound great...thats all that metters that it sound good to you...no one else...guess you are stuck spending the big bucks...doesn't sound good enough for ya...but i must say those brands you mention do sound great.

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It's definitely a matter of exposure. I remember being happy with a set of Sony speakers in high school on my first Pro Logic setup. I remember hearing Cerwin Vega's and thinking the booming bass sounded good in college.

I just had a set of speakers shipped to me from Canada that would make you cry if you heard them. My home theater cost about a quarter of what my car cost...

Check out the system and listen for distortion in high-heavy music. Some good horn filled Jazz or brass heavy classical would be perfect. Dr. Dre might not be a good choice.

The human ear can hear between 20Hz and 20kHz. CD's are recorded with this in mind. If your speakers can't produce that...you're missing some of the music.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

speakers shipped to me from Canada that would make you cry if you heard them. My home theater cost about a quarter of what my car cost...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's exactly what I don't want. My home theatre cost less than $1000. Semi, what do you have now for your home theatre? You still at 5.1 or have you moved up? I know that if I were willing and able to spend thousands of dollars, I would get some of the speakers my friend's dad has who was VP of IBM marketing or something of that nature. They are $4000 a speaker, which still isn't the best of the best, but it's a lot better than what I have I can tell ya that! lol

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have a set of Axiom Epic 80's in a 5.1 config. I'll be adding two more Axiom M22's shortly for the rear channels. They're pushed by a Denon AVR-4802 receiver and a Denon DVD-3800 DVD player. The screen is currently a Sony 53" rptv, but I'm replacing that with either a 73" Mitsu or a 65" Pioneer Elite very soon.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I forgot pictures. I don't have any pics from the new house yet, but here it is set up in my previous apartment (the receiver and DVD player aren't in this pic). My neighbors hated me.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDiAqAX7Z9U52gy!Q3x6MKcbd7OroycQT7flDW7SAVWjIci0LqiYJc2Qc7kWjqzwn5TT*sJHMLoqGGX*2Wsto*sluqlo3FpTm*zRjlf*QZix*bRbblVcg/IMG_0347.jpg?dc=4675391839077497356

You know, it would be nice if we could use HTML. UBB code can't handle long links...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow thats pretty nice. once again money is an issue as of now. once i get out of college ill be fine but i dont want to get something for now, for like 6 months and then have it be out of date by the time ill really use it.

nice setup!

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 5.1 home system in my room cost me 500 bucks and it rocks!....and i didn't get home theater in box either i bought every components seperately. So knowing that..hmm...i prolly will love the Bose system in the coupe when i listen to it.

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Not necessarily. Like I said, Bose is incredibly over priced.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sweet setup! I will agree with Semi... Bose is INCREDIBLY over priced.

6-speed

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
What sounds good to someone sounds like crap to someone else. That is because we all hear differently. Some folks swear by tube type amps while others like just anything that makes noise. I fall somewhere in the middle.

2003.5 Blue Sedan

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It really depends on what you've come from. To someone coming from a 1985 stock ford radio, the G's would be amazing. For some its a step up and others its a step down.

6-speed

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am removing the Bose speakers when I get my G. Probably will leave the head unit (Clarion is decent). Can someone recommend the best speakers/amp I can get through Crutchfield? I could investigate on my own but figure you audioheads could recommend the best for a G...

6-speed
Black Obsidian / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Any particular reason you're partial to Crutchfield? They tend to be REALLY over priced and the stuff they carry isn't especially good.

That said, what specifically are you looking to do? Just replace the speakers in place or add a sub? Do you have a price range in mind?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not partial to Crutchfield at all...I know most of the brands they carry are shitty. I have not been up on car audio for awhile, just home audio. I love Klipsch...so, the equivalent in car speakers would be what I'm looking for. Amp too. I don't care about price as long as it is reasonable for the equipment.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Any particular reason you're partial to Crutchfield? They tend to be REALLY over priced and the stuff they carry isn't especially good.

That said, what specifically are you looking to do? Just replace the speakers in place or add a sub? Do you have a price range in mind?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

6-speed
Black Obsidian / Graphite

1 - 20 of 46 Posts