Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE THE PRIMI SYSYTEM, AND AS YOU KNOW THAT COMES WITH THE BOSE SYSTEM. i THINK THAT BOSE SPEAKERS HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO OFFER. iTS NOT WORTH THE $900 THAT INFINITI ASK FOR THEM! I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY ONE HAS TAKEN OUT THEIR BOSE SYSTEM OUT AND REPLACED IT WITH A BETTER SYSTEM. IF SO, WHAT KIND OF SPEAKERS?

G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
6.5's up front with 1" tweeters
6.5's in back and a 6x9 in the rear shelf.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hey G-Class,

I'm not trying to pick on you, but just so you know, proper forum/e-mail etiquette says ALL CAPS is equal to yelling, and there is no need to yell here. Please take your caps lock off.

Thanks

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah me no like ALL CAPS! hehe anyway I think it is all relative to what your use to. I had a mustang for many many years and worked on perfecting my exhaust. I never cared for a 'phat' stereo system as it would have had to of been mega-ultra loud for me to hear it good with my exhaust. Anyway point being the bose fits me fine!

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm there with you chaz. The Bose might not be the best, but for my listening pleasure, it works very well. I feel no need to let people outside of my car hear my music.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
If I have indeed resolved the problem of my car shutting off, I'm considering replacing the system.

I spent some time this weekend listening to Dynaudio and I'm in love. I'm currently looking at a 7" woofer and a 1.1" tweeter in the door, killing the 6x9's and the speaker in the back arm rests and powering it with a 300/2 JL amp. I'll add a sub later and I think the result will blow away the Bose.

This will of course have to wait for my stealth K40 jammer install.
http://www.k40.com/

$1300 to install, but you can't see it anywhere save the two warning LEDs on the dash and it actually deffuses laser and radar.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
41 Posts
G-class, couldn't agree with you more. My brother drives a 97 Maxima with the Bose system and it by far is the best stock radio I've ever heard. I was very disappointed in the Bose system in my G. I have no idea why the sound is so poor. I had to put my bass level on -3 and the treble to +5 to get any decent sound out of it. I would not recommend spending the money to upgrade the system unless you're getting the premium pkg. already. That's just my take on it.

2003.5 5AT Sedan/ Black/ Graphite Leather/ Sport/ Premium/ Navigation/ Aero/ Winter

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Finan, your brother is not the first person I hear making that comment about the Max's systems being better than the G's. I have a friend who has both cars, and still prefers his 2000 maximas's BOSE. Unbelievable...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Bose system is just ok. compared to what is out there and the cost...just go to Best Buy.......this sytem is lacking when compared to others and trying to up grade Bose is a pain. Nothing wrong with your thinking, cause there is nothing wrong with wanting the best when it comes to loud music and crusin down the highway with everthing open at a nice 55 sight seeing. later.... Hodaddy

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wonder if an equalizer would fix most of the complaints that you guys have. It seems to me that there is plenty of available high and low end, and the system certainly is loud enough. I have been frustated in trying to tailor the sound of the system to my liking, so I have been thinking that a multi-band EQ may be worth trying. It would also fit nicely in my upper glove box, I believe. What do you think?

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
41 Posts
G-Man, not a bad idea, but I have the Nav system in there. If I didn't have the Nav I'd consider it.

2003.5 5AT Sedan/ Black Obsidian/ Graphite Leather/ Sport/ Premium/ Navigation/ Aero/ Winter

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I wonder if an equalizer would fix most of the complaints that you guys have. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I doubt it. Bose speakers are simply incapable of reproducing certain spectra of music. The amp and speakers are tuned to produce specific frequencies at punctuated volumes which is why you were of this impression:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It seems to me that there is plenty of available high and low end<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's because Bose artificially inflates the music at 14kHz and 200Hz with a -40dB rolloff beyond and in between those two frequencies. It gives the impression of ample bass and trebble without actually providing it.

Good speakers, on the other hand, are flat in the audible frequency range, producing the music as it was recorded.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">and the system certainly is loud enough. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I disagree. Cruising down the highway with the windows down and the sun roof open, I have often wished for more amplification. However, if you don't drive in this configuration often, then it would indeed be sufficient volume.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I have been frustated in trying to tailor the sound of the system to my liking, so I have been thinking that a multi-band EQ may be worth trying. It would also fit nicely in my upper glove box, I believe. What do you think?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think an EQ is mandatory for any great custom install to compensate for the wild variation in car designs. However, it won't compensate for shitty amps and speakers.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
2 Posts
You guys are killin' me with the negative comments about the BOSE system!

Maybe I'm getting old, but I can still remember when people thought a Pioneer Supertuner with a couple of Spark-o-matic tri-axials in the back deck sounded good!

I love the BOSE system in my car, even with the windows down and sunroff open. The sign of a good system is how well you can hear it while you are driving the car and not how many people you can get to look at you because of how loud your subwoofer is!

Take my advice -- spend the money on euipment that makes the car go faster or handle better.

2003.5 Carribean Blue Sedan - Graphite Leather/Auto/BOSE/Sunroof/Winter Pkg.
Rochester, NY

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The sign of a good system is how well you can hear it while you are driving the car and not how many people you can get to look at you because of how loud your subwoofer is!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree completely. And the Bose system does NOT accurately reproduce music which would go against "how well you cna hear it".

·
Registered
550 Posts
Maybe you all got defective Bose Systems, but mine Rocks!!!!!!!!!!![rockon]

Sounds totally amazing and is Definitly, totally 100% Worth getting. [thmsup]

[cheers]

Finally !! | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Or you don't know what good music should sound like.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why so angry, Semi? Sounding rather like royalty.

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have to agree with Semi. Audiophiles know Bose stuff is not anywhere near the best there is. Critical listeneing will prove that there are many better systems than Bose for cars. The Infinity premium system in my old Dodge Intrepid sounded better/

1 - 20 of 38 Posts