Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me, or has anyone else noticed the volume go down every so often by itself, when you come to a stop??

I could swear the volume goes down when I have it cranked, when I come to a stop!!

Maybe just my imagination....[phones]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It's supposed to do that. It actually increases the volume to compensate for road and engine noise. There's a setting for it in your audio controls to set it for high, med, or low.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool.. Thanks for the info....I'm sure it's right in that lovely leather-bound manual we were given!![dunce]

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya...

Gone through it for other stuff...Just missed the "VARIABLE VOLUME CONTROL LOGIC FOR COMPENSATION OF ROAD NOISE" part...[dunno]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
It happens to the best of us, mofo... just don't let it happen again! [:D]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed!!
I don't want Semi laying me out!!!!![fight]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1CRAZMOFO

I don't want Semi laying me out!!!!![drunk]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

hayetec wasn't the first, and he won't be the last...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1CRAZMOFO

I don't want Semi laying me out!!!!![drunk]

hayetec wasn't the first, and he won't be the last...

couldnt help but grin when i read that [^]

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EXCELLENT idea!!

I just wish they would have spent the money on memory seats instead of a self adjusting stereo for road noise...[8)]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
totally agree with you on that one mofo. I do like the self-adjusting volume, but even on it's highest setting it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. I've gotten used to using the steering controls for volume anyways.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine was set on low, that's why I didn't know what it was!! A feature with dubious value, considering I have to re-adjust the pass seat everytime someone gets in the back...

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
331 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to bypass the volume compensation feature on the radio for speed. I would love to be able to adjust it myself.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Not sitting in my coupe at the moment, but there's a butten that toggles between low, medium, high and I believe off on the stereo. Start pressing stuff until you see this sort of feedback.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Push the AUDIO button until the screen goes by BASS, TREBLE, FADER, etc. It's the last setting but I can't remember what it's called. Then use the SEEK/TRACK button to toggle the different volume settings.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Push the AUDIO button until the screen goes by BASS, TREBLE, FADER, etc. It's the last setting but I can't remember what it's called. Then use the SEEK/TRACK button to toggle the different volume settings.

The screen reads "SVC" and you will be able to choose from "OFF, LOW, MID, HIGH" Alowing you to turn it off, to a low volume raise, medium volume raise, or high volume raise, as your car increases speed. I personally have mine set to LOW and am very pleased with the way it works. It is just enough to overcome road noise, but not so much that when you slow down it sounds like the music has gone away completely.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you want the best quality of sound from your Bose, you need to keep the SCV (speed control) to high.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts