Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to upgrade or change out my G's Bose system. My dilemma is whether to change out the amp and speakers and use the Bose head unit OR use my Kenwood 911dvd/tuner/tv/ navi/Sirius as the only unit, doing away with the use of the Bose. Currently I am running the Kenwood FM modulated thru the Bose. I am adding a JL 500/5 amp, JL components up front, JL coax's in the rear and a JL10w3v2 sub. The shop that is going to do the install suggests that I go with the Kenwood setup and by-pass all the Bose. Any opinions or input would be greatly appreciated. I am supposed to take it in on Wed. 7/02. Thanks Guys

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you lose the Bose headunit you will also lose the buttons on the wheel right? Something to consider.

Darin
-----
6MT Sedan-Brilliant Silver-Premium-Aero-Winter

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Good point, daring... that's what i was thinking as well. I love the convenience of the controls on the wheel, but hate the sound quality. This is going to be a tough decision! [dunno]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point about the steering wheel controls..........but, I have added the Kenwood steering wheel control unit as well. Mounts right beside the factory installed one!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I think that's a no-brainer then... stick with the Kenwood (as long as you won't be using FM modulation anymore). Let us know how it goes! By the way, what's the whole thing going to set you back?

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It ain't cheap!!! Got $4500 invested in the Kenwood 911, Kenwood Nav and Kenwood Sirius unit. The JL 500/5 cost me $550. I am expecting about $1100 for the speakers, sub and labor. DAMN THING BETTER SOUND GOOD!!!! Will let you know when I get it back. Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I won't be removing the Bose headunit. I already have the Kenwood installed in the cubbyhole that the stock navi fits in. Just going to run everything through the Kenwood.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The head unit isn't made by Bose. It's made by Clarion, a company with far superior DACs to Kenwood in my opinion. While the Kenwood would have superior features, it would probably have a slightly diminished sound and a significantly diminished aesthetics, in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts