Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love to hear some opinions on the BSM...

On the one hand, if it saves you from ONE DING, it's payed for itself!!

on the other hand....

Looks like crap and won't protect you much anyway!!!

Opinions??[thumbup]or[thumbdn]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero

·
Registered
427 Posts
[thumbdn] just get it fixed if theres a ding thats the harsh reality of life, dont mess up the look of a beautiful car. My $.02

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was thinking the same thing...Was leaning to the "Looks like crap" side[thumbdn]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I like the way the car looks better without it... but mine came with it so I didn't really have a choice. unless I wanted to wait another 3 months!

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe you could "De-Badge" the BSM?? These are "glue-on" I believe...
Big risk with THIS paint!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
BIG BIG risk here... ain't gonna do it. I'm too chicken!

·
Registered
316 Posts
[thumbup] Maybe I'm the only one here, but I like it better with the moldings. Besides that I'm much more willing to park next to other cars now that I don't worry so much about dinging the sides.

- Desparetly seeking a nice wood dash kit for my black 6MT.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't blame you.....once they'er on...LEAVE'EM ALONE!!!
Could you imagine a big flake of paint comming off?? I'd have a heart-attack and drop dead right there!![timebomb]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chose to go without the BSM because I like the clean look of the car without it. As far as dings are concerned I try to be as careful as possible but the reality is that no matter how careful we are some things are just out of our control.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Public Enemy #1 in the ding department....

Kids in the backseat of 4-doors!! WAM!! right with the point on the rear door's around the wheel well....OUCH!!
Never look, never care!! [}:)]

Gotta park it in the boonies!!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
As far as the dings - with cars and SUVs of all different door heights, the door point of the offending vehicle will probably not line up with the BSM - and besides BSM do chip paint. I kinda like the way they look, but I also like the G looks w/out it. Just a personal choice - I'd caution anyone with White or Black, that it has been my experience that Nissans BSM in these colors tend to fade over time - maybe, may not be true for the G, not sure.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah...I'm gonna save the $120 on the BSM, and just keep the # for "Dentbusters" handy...

The day's coming...all you can do is try to put it off as far as you can....[bigmouth]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
good choice... if you don't already have BSM installed, don't bother. It probably does more to protect OTHER's cars when you open YOUR door, because jarrett makes a very good point. what's the likelihood someone else's door is gonna line up perfectly with the roughly 2 inch height of the BSM?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Totally agree!![cheers]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Door Moldings

[thumbup] Maybe I'm the only one here, but I like it better with the moldings. Besides that I'm much more willing to park next to other cars now that I don't worry so much about dinging the sides.

- Desparetly seeking a nice wood dash kit for my black 6MT.
I just purchased them myself today and I think they look awesome, I also have the mud rear and front moldings it really completes the car... but then again I am woman amongs all you men :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts