Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys:

I am thinking of buying a 6MT. I am wondering if any of you know if the car's bluetooth supports audio as well as phone. Basically I want to he able to listen to streaming internet radio through my phone via bluetooth.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Hey guys:

I am thinking of buying a 6MT. I am wondering if any of you know if the car's bluetooth supports audio as well as phone. Basically I want to he able to listen to streaming internet radio through my phone via bluetooth.
Is your phone really that good that you'd rather hear the radio in your ear than throughout the whole car? I have a $400 phone and a $100 headset, and it still sounds like shit. 'Doesn't make too much sense to me. To each his own though.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
UT, it sounds more like he's wanting to stream an audio source through his phone and hand it off to the car via bluetooth.

I kinda doubt the G supports A2DP especially with it not having caught on fully in phones and headsets yet.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
UT, it sounds more like he's wanting to stream an audio source through his phone and hand it off to the car via bluetooth.

I kinda doubt the G supports A2DP especially with it not having caught on fully in phones and headsets yet.
Ahhh ok. That makes more sense.

When are you gonna change that damn signature? I hate looking at that!

·
Registered
254 Posts
the car only supports the hands free profile which only supports low quality single channel sound. That said, some phone support media stremaing over a hands free profile, like the motorola v3xx. However, the sound is very very bad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually my HTC Mogul phone supports full quality stereo over bluetooth. Many MP3 players now start to come with bluetooth to support bluetooth headphones. The 2009 Acura TSX supports bluetooth audio.

Anyway... I found this:
Scosche Industries : Car Audio Accessories, iPod Accessories, Bluetooth Wireless Accessories, EFX Hyperformance, Accumat Sound Damping, Soundkase audio backpacks, CD and DVD storage systems

Which would basically allow me to connect my phone to IT an play that through the stereo. Debate is... is it worth it? Why not connect my phone to the car directly that point.

·
Super Moderator
27,334 Posts
I think roots4x is trying to say it doesn't matter what the phone is capable of it will only play single channel audio, crappy at that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah. Even with bluetooth, there are several "profiles" that determine the quality of audio and features available as connected. There are a couple "hi-fi" standards which are avrc and a2dp i think, something like that. These still sound crappy but are passable to listen to. Many phones these days support these profiles, however, very very few phones support music streaming over headset and/or hands-free profile. I just found out that the V3xx supports it because I had one. Also the Motorola Z6 supports it and I'm willing to bet the new Motorolas mostly do it. Even so, though, it will only come out the right speaker and sound pretty bad because of the low bitrates for those profiles.

So I guess the definitive answer would be NO for the bluetooth audio. Even if you had a rare phone that streamed audio through the hands-free profile, it would sound so bad it wouldn't be worth it. Personally I don't think the a2dp and avrc bluetooth standards are worth using either. They are very very digital and sound pretty bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been using the viseeousa 1000 model and bought a cablejive converter to make it work smoothly in my infiniti. It works really well no interruption.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts