Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just got a G35, and it is way too slow, does anyone here have a power adder on their G35? I am wondering if anyone makes a supercharger, turbo, or Nitrous setup for the G, or if it spossible to modify a power adder designed for another car to fit on the G?

·
Registered
17 Posts
All three are possible. First, is your friend's car an auto or manual? Second, is he/she going to keep the G for a while or is it just a short-term car? Lastly, how fast does he/she want the car to go? Answer these and I will tell you what is the best route to go.

'03.5 G35 Black 6MT Sedan
'02 Maxima Auto - [email protected]
'92 Talon TSI AWD - Too Fast!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well his car is an auto, so that's gonna slow him down a bit. And the car is leased, so any mods have to be removable, such as a blower or turbo, and require no griding/cutting of any parts or the frame, which is necessary to mount twin turbos on some cars, like a mustang. Most likely he will keep it for the 3 or 4 years of the lease, but possibly buy it after. He would like it to go low 13's/high 12's in the quarter so he can compete with my car, but I don't know how realistic that would be in a 14.6 stock car. I really don't know much about what kinds of torque the stock tranny can deal with before breaking gears. I was thinking a nitrous system would be the simplest since the are (usually) easy to remove come the end of the lease... but at the same time I've had trouble finding out information about the block and heads, as to whether they can handle the extra power.

·
Registered
28 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dt90gt

Well his car is an auto, so that's gonna slow him down a bit. And the car is leased, so any mods have to be removable, such as a blower or turbo, and require no griding/cutting of any parts or the frame, which is necessary to mount twin turbos on some cars, like a mustang. Most likely he will keep it for the 3 or 4 years of the lease, but possibly buy it after. He would like it to go low 13's/high 12's in the quarter so he can compete with my car, but I don't know how realistic that would be in a 14.6 stock car. I really don't know much about what kinds of torque the stock tranny can deal with before breaking gears. I was thinking a nitrous system would be the simplest since the are (usually) easy to remove come the end of the lease... but at the same time I've had trouble finding out information about the block and heads, as to whether they can handle the extra power.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">nice work, keep it up I would like to turbo-charge also.hodaddy waiting and looking also......

·
Registered
119 Posts
dt90gt: He/She should have saved more money an bought an M-5. I don't think it's gonna happen no matter what you bolt on, unless you want to leave some big scars. The nitro packages I have seen a pretty invasive and will be tough to cover for a lease return.

G35/S/6MT PD over Graphite, Premium

·
Registered
17 Posts
I would suggest spraying it. There should be no problem sparying a 100-150 shot occasionally with supporting mods. I wouldn't spend the money to turbo or supercharge a lease car only to have to remove it all at the end of the term. Also, he needs a damn manual to get the full potential. My manual will probably run a 13.9-14.0 with some good launching. It wouldn't take much to make a 13.9 car run 13.1's or so.

'03.5 G35 Black 6MT Sedan
'02 Maxima Auto - [email protected]
'92 Talon TSI AWD - Too Fast!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I got off the bottle when I was an infant.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothings cheaper per hp than a quick shot. But I only run a 125 shot on my mustang, anything more than that will cause detonation on stupid f-ing californias 91 octane. Will a G35 be able to run a 150 shot without detonation, I mean, maybe in New York with 95 octane pump gas, but I don't think it will fly on 91. You should get a pair of slicks and take your car to the track, or at least call up nitto and get some drag radials, but drag radials aren't gonna get you 1.6 60 ft. times or a 13 sec 1/4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts