Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with black leather interiors, got any feedback about how hot it gets? Is the cooling system good enough to bring the temp down quickly during those hot summer days?

I realize the car hasn't even been out long enough to "experience" summer, but this has always been one of the reasons I've stayed away from black leather interiors. They look sweet, but since I essentially live in the desert, I don't want to get cooked!

-Ken

-------
impatiently waiting for my Diamond Graphite...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I've noticed that the leather (in my CL-S) keeps much cooler then the "letherETTE" in my fiance's A4. Of course, I do have tinted windows (35%) and I'm sure that helps.

I'd say get the G tinted Kloh [jump2]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I live in one of the hottest places in the country so I'll find out soon enough. I plan on buying black lamb skin covers to mitigate the searing flesh aspect. Otherwise, you can usually get by with opening up your car for a few minutes and letting out the heat. The ability to roll down the windows with the FOB shall be my savior!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How many of you had cars delivered with tinted windows by the dealer? And did they do a good job? I've only seen (or heard of) one that was already done before being sold (it was transferred from Arizona).

I think I would like to have mine tinted (especially if I get the graphite leather). Anyone know how much it should cost?

-------
impatiently waiting for my Diamond Graphite...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The dealer did mine (Arizona) before I even asked (easy way to get an extra $200 out of me...). I was actually kind of angry about it as I would have liked to price out some options and go with someone whose install I trusted. The rear window where all the little bumps are looks very incosistant and I'm already starting to see a warping effect in the driver side window. I imagine it won't be long before I have it stripped off and done by someone else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello!

First time post---I had a maxima SE with black leather in Phoenix. It's damn hot with black or any other color! I don't think it will be much more uncomfortable with the graphite leather.
Also, my car came with tinting from Midway Infiniti in Phoenix. The tint looks great and I got it for free. Not too bad of a deal!!<font face="Times New Roman"></font id="Times New Roman">

DRIVING A FAST CAR!---
5AT--IVORY PEARL/ GRAPHITE INTERIOR

·
Registered
14 Posts
On another note--Does anyone know why the Infiniti brochure for the coupe does not include graphite interior for ivory pearl? Is it a late addition?-typo?-special order?

DRIVING A FAST CAR!---
5AT--IVORY PEARL/ GRAPHITE INTERIOR

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It might have been a late addition, but all I know is that everyone in the dealer was so astounded by the black/white combination. They would say: "Man, i really have never looked at a black & white one, but damn they are nice". The service manager said: "That's my favorite way the G35 looks, and if I would have one of my own, it would be in that combination." So given they have never really noticed it before, it could well be a new addition. I'm in love with mine! How old is yours backdoc?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hey Xzel, do you have any pics? I don't think I've ever scene an ivory G with graphite interior.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
On their way and coming very soon V!

XL

·
Registered
14 Posts
The white/black combo is truly thrilling. XL--I got my coupe about 8 days ago. This has been the best commuting week of my life [:D]

The brochure has only the ivory with willow cloth or leather. I am not sure how they could have ignored this tight combo! White was initially my 3rd exterior choice (I had to get my car fast--someone totalled my maxima [:(!])but I cannot fathom any other combo that I would rather have.

By the way---everytime I see this coupe I am more and more impressed with its looks. Anyone else feel this way?

DRIVING A FAST CAR!---
5AT COUPE--IVORY PEARL/ GRAPHITE INTERIOR

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just give it 2 months... it will grow onto you like Jack & The Bean Stalk [thmsup]

XL

·
Registered
45 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

I plan on buying black lamb skin covers to mitigate the searing flesh aspect.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

OMG!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't do it man! Experience tells me that in about 1 yr or less depending on your driving habits, that the backside will chaff the hell outta your leather. Why destroy such beautiful leather seats. If you absolutely have to put somehting on your seat, let it be cotton. And keep that leather conditioned every 3-6 months depending on your region.

"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi

·
Registered
45 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by The G Man

Guys, this works really well for me and it's a cheap alternative to tinting.

During summer, your car interiors can heat up to 181 degrees F or more! Sunshades keep interiors up to 49 degrees cooler. They block 99% of damaging, fading UV rays.

You can buy a reflective Sun Shade on line at

http://www.axius.com/html/products/shades/sunshades.htm

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes I agree! Sunshades, especially those custom made or from the dealership are the way to go. But if you leave in place that reach the 90's or even 100's in the summer....do yourself a favor and buy tint for your 30k+ car....even if it's just 35 or 50%....anyhting.....the cost saving aspects of UV protection alone make it worth it.....I live in a state that does not allow front windows to be tinted...which is complete and udder BS..but I still choose to tint my fronts. This coupe I will tint darker this time in the front.

"Use the Forced Air Induction Luke"
-Jedi

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by The G Man

Guys, this works really well for me and it's a cheap alternative to tinting.

During summer, your car interiors can heat up to 181 degrees F or more! Sunshades keep interiors up to 49 degrees cooler. They block 99% of damaging, fading UV rays.

You can buy a reflective Sun Shade on line at

http://www.axius.com/html/products/shades/sunshades.htm

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Got mine at Wal-Mart for $7.94 [:D] Axius Jumbo Silver/Black... Truly amazing, but my car is Ivory Pearl too so no sweat! (Literally lol)

Xzel

1 - 16 of 16 Posts