Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found a roof rack or trunk mount bike rack for the G coupes?
I've tried the Saris bones trunk rack but I was impressed with the fit. I use to have a roof rack for my prelude that was great (easy on, easy off[:D]). But they don't make them for the Gs (yet[censored])
I've done a lot of research but nobody makes anything worth the $$.
A Saris dealer is trying to help me out (ordering different mounting clips) on the Saris roof rack. It's a good looking rack but I'm not sure how it will fit with the windows so close to the door (and moving of windows doesn't help).
Please let me know if anybody has found something. I'll let you guys know the outcome of the Saris Roof Rack.
Thanks

G35 Coupe
6MT DG/W prem, aero, navless

·
Registered
818 Posts
You're gutsy...I'll tell you that...

I would re-think this thing about a bike rack on this car...The paint is SO FRAGILE!! You're gonna end up scratching the [censored] out of it and not be very happy... [banghead]

I refuse to have a bicycle, much less a rack, within 10 FEET of this car!![bigmouth]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think you'll lose the beauty of this car by putting a big 'ol ugly bike rack on it!!!!

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
A bike rack would look nice on the roof of an FX.

(sorry to be completely unhelpful)[angel]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[werd]
That's why it's taken me so long to find a rack. I don't want to leave it on the car all the time, just when I need it. But
About the paint getting scratched . . . I called a company that does the clear bra, they told me they could sell me some small pieces of clear bra to place where the parts will touch the paint so I wouldn't have rubber on paint.
I'm still looking and I'll try to see how I could possibly fit the bike in the car on weekends without scratching anything up. I wish I lived near a trail to go riding without worrying about the car.[:(]

G35 Coupe

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I was actually going to go after work and pick up a new bike. Looking at the trunk, I think it will fit wheel first if you drop the back seat down. OBviously, it will still protrude out of the trunk, but lash it down and put a towel between the back and where the bike meets the car.

Let me know if it fits!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sounds like you should have bought an Xterra, instead of your G...[dunno]

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not looking for the ugly roof racks that have 100ft bars coming out of the top of the car.
Here is an idea of what I was looking for. It looks like the type I had on my prelude. Hope one comes out for the coupes.

[phatyo]

I don't think a second car is the only option.[werd]

G35 Coupe

·
Registered
818 Posts
That rack on the Audi is for Ski's only...
No weight/height to those....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hm not sure what you mean.
Audi offered that for there TT from the dealers. Not sure if they still do. The one for my prelude was for Mondial. They are easy to put on and tak off. The are light weight was due to it made from aluminum and not steel like the Thule and Yakima.
Still looking.

G35 Coupe

·
Registered
818 Posts
It's a ski rack...Designed to hold nothing but ski's...
If you HAVE TO do this, then I would suggest a trunk mounted BIKE rack...But you have Aero...Which kills that idea!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks MOFO but I had bought a trunk rack already but I returned it because it didn't look great.
I have actually seen that Audi rack on an Audi TT with bike racks . . .

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Why dont you try looking around for a little old VW van or something.

·
Registered
130 Posts
any bike rack would make the G ugly

kytran40
04-5AT-Coupe-LaserRed-Premium-Aero

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't have any info on bike racks for the G, but I don't know why everyone keeps talking about the look of a rack on the G. Most people don't put racks on their cars to help with looks. He asked if anyone knows a rack that will fit a G. Just answer the guys question.

6mt|Desert Plat|Prem|Aero|Clear Corners||Alum Pedals

·
Registered
102 Posts
i cant believe that you would even want to put any sort of "rack" on your G~ the only "rack" i want on my car are the ones on a nice blonde haired bimbo!~

2004 G35 Coupe | 5-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Premium

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bike rack adapter kit for G37/G35, designed to work with the Rocky Mounts Pitchfork
After months of searching with finding a solution, I finally had a discrete bike rack fabricated for the G37/G35. The main mount is heavy duty, made of 3/16" plate steel, slides behind the rear license plate, and has dual 1" square receivers extending just below the license plate. The bike is secured with a Rocky Mounts Pitchfork roof rack tray mounted at 90 degrees. Twin 7/8" solid steel bars are bolted to the tray. The bars slide into the receivers and are secured with two bolts. With zero side-to-motion and minimal fore/aft motion, the setup is superior to any hitch mount bike rack. The final look is exceptionally clean. When mounted, the bike appears to float behind the car. When not mounted, the two receivers peer below the license plate, I color matched the paint, so it's not really noticeable.
The base plate requires four 3/8” holes drilled into the G37/G35 aluminum bumper. The holes are behind the license plate, so they are never noticeable. Basically, this design will work for any car where the license plate is mounted in front of a metal bumper.
The kit is solid. Didn’t budge when the 180 lb. welder stood on it!
Will fit either a road bike or a mountain bike.
If you are interested, send me a PM.

Pics can be viewed at:
Bike rack adapter kit for G37 or G35 - Windows Live

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts