Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had read somewhere that certain colors, because they are in less demand, may yield better deals. Has anyone heard of this? If this is true, what colors are "less popular?" On the flip side, what are the most popular colors? Thanks!!![:)]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
The only color I've heard of that's been "unpopular" has been Carribean Blue. Having said that though, I doubt it really affects the price much, since this car is in such high demand.

Good luck!

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
427 Posts
Generally the company will have people who major in statistics to find out which colors will sell the best and give a ratio on the number of cars the color should be silver or whatever. Then the next year they will figure out which ones sold the best and the fastest and have the least resale on those are other ways to figure out what color to make of them come in. This way dealers dont have to give out deals on less popular color schemes.

2003 G35C / 6mt / DG & Willow Leather / Nav / Premium / Aero / ETA December

·
Registered
55 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

The only color I've heard of that's been "unpopular" has been Carribean Blue. Having said that though, I doubt it really affects the price much, since this car is in such high demand.

Good luck!

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[bigmouth]
The "carribean blue" IMHO is one of the better colors for the car. DG and Silver appear to be very common colors (in general).
[boxing]

'03 G35 Coupe / 5AT / Carrib Blue / Willow Leather / Sport Wheels

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
The dealer told me Caribbean Blue sells the worst, that's why they discontinued it.
Funny, it was my favorite color...

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Yes... I wasn't discounting the color as one that was liked or not, simply stating what I heard from my dealer as well. That color just happened to be the least popular.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
First model year... discontinued color... that's definitely one way of looking at it, don! [clapper]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Watch for this, as well as the pre-retrofit consoles on 6MTs. They are supposedly "less desirable", but the split-window feature on the 1963 'vette was "undesirable" when it was first sold.

If this car ever reaches collector status, the flat-top console may prove a desirable non-feature.

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT,Leather,Prem

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Just think, we could have had a Pimp Daddy Gold like the Acura CL-S. It was discontinued in the first year.

03 Laser Red 6MT | Willow int | No fancy stuff | 30% Tint and 3M Clear Bra

1 - 11 of 11 Posts