Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have experience running a 5AT? What is the best way to go, Fully Auto, or Manual shift mode? If it is manual, where are the best shift points for the powerband of the engine? (I have not reached my break-in mileage yet, but I want to be prepared.)[:D]

Thanx!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I may be mistaken, but I believe the Sedan reaches the peak of its power band at 6000rpm and the coupe at 6200rpm. Look up what the car is rated at and they'll spec the hp at a specific engine speed.

Use the "manual mode" to push it to that spot and remember that there's a little lag between shifting and conversion in a manumatic so you'll want to click it up just before the peak.

Of course, the elitist in me can't help but remind you that you should have bought a manual if you wanted this level of control...

;)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

I may be mistaken, but I believe the Sedan reaches the peak of its power band at 6000rpm and the coupe at 6200rpm. Look up what the car is rated at and they'll spec the hp at a specific engine speed.

Use the "manual mode" to push it to that spot and remember that there's a little lag between shifting and conversion in a manumatic so you'll want to click it up just before the peak.

Of course, the elitist in me can't help but remind you that you should have bought a manual if you wanted this level of control...

;)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Actually, comfort and convenience were my main reasons for purchasing an auto, but I just want to be well-oriented on the powerband and shifting attitude of the manumatic which you have just explained... thanx. I will keep the pointers in mind...[thmsup]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts