Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
yeah, but imo, near anyone can slap on a turbo and forged internals with a good shop and tuner. I'd like to see just for fun, how much you can squeeze out of the VQ without forcin it. Like right now my car is about 315 at the crank...so about 267 at the wheels. I figure with a few more mods, and about 4 or 5k before the dirty tuning and it should have a healthy 370-400 at the crank. I am talkin about new cams and a new head. After that, who knows, time will tell.

Also a few of you guys mentioned getting a more powerful car...again, anyone can go buy a tuned M5 or AMG or porsche...it takes time, skill and creativity to build a car that can rival those. Just my two cents tho

·
Registered
32 Posts
For 400hp I'd go with a vortech supercharger. It's cheaper than twin turbos and unless you have a built bottom end it's usually a bit more safe as long as you get it tuned.

If you have the cash to thrown around, a twin set up run at a conservative boost level and tuned properly won't blow up your stock internaled VQ. TT would be the way to go if you're interested in a fully built motor later on so that you can crank up the boost and make big power.

sean

·
Registered
513 Posts
with all that money anyone would spend on making the G up to 400 i can just buy a STOCK Porche and it would be still faster....back to my point is i wouldnt be willing to waste 10-20 K on making a car go 400 hp but if your rich and u have like ferraris, lambos, etc in your garage feel free to make ur G35 400hp or more

·
Registered
400 Posts
alexn103 said:
400hp= CTS-V
0-60= 4.6
1/4= 13.1
where are you getting your stats? the new GTO is 400hp, and its nowhere near the low 13 mark! plus the caddy is most likely heavier than the goat.
12-20g's for turbo,man someone's gettin bent the fuck over. thats like 7-15 grand in labor!!!!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
ZErO LIM iTz said:
with all that money anyone would spend on making the G up to 400 i can just buy a STOCK Porche and it would be still faster....back to my point is i wouldnt be willing to waste 10-20 K on making a car go 400 hp but if your rich and u have like ferraris, lambos, etc in your garage feel free to make ur G35 400hp or more
thats not true, with the right mods a G can outhandle and out speed quite a few porsches. I mean in stock form it already competes heavily with a boxster and base carrera. (speed-wise anyway) I mean if you suck about 300 pounds off our fat lady, sway bars, coilovers, several other suspention mods....thats pretty dam close, and still under the 70k it costs for a carrera.

·
Registered
400 Posts
VQ35Sleeper said:
ZErO LIM iTz said:
thats not true, with the right mods a G can outhandle and out speed quite a few porsches. I mean in stock form it already competes heavily with a boxster and base carrera. (speed-wise anyway) I mean if you suck about 300 pounds off our fat lady, sway bars, coilovers, several other suspention mods....thats pretty dam close, and still under the 70k it costs for a carrera.
hell you'd be way under 70g's...and def much quiker..because 911t catagory is closer to 90+grand
a norm carrera is only runnin high 13's, thats attainable with few bolt on's

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
quikcls said:
VQ35Sleeper said:
ZErO LIM iTz said:
hell you'd be way under 70g's...and def much quiker..because 911t catagory is closer to 90+grand
a norm carrera is only runnin high 13's, thats attainable with few bolt on's
Agree except for getting in to the 13's with just bolt on's. I mean with CAI, exhaust, new plenum, and cats ( which I consider bolt on's) you're only looking at maybe 15-20 rwhp and that might shave 0.2-0.4 off your time and our cars do about 14.6 for the 1/4.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I smoke Porsche's all the time they're not that quick, I don't even really have anything done to my G just a couple little here and there's..... 400hp isn't anything. My cousin was told he never would get 800 out of a 302, but I rode in jt...... I love my infinity but there's 2jz getting 1400whp, street legal. G35s sit stock with 280s already, the hr getting 317, And you can pretty much Drop a supercharger on it to get to 400, it already has dual ram air the way it sits

21 - 31 of 31 Posts