Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a stock G35 6MT soon and my goal is to get this bad boy to 400+ wheel horse power. I am totally new to the scene, so I am looking for any advice from the other owners out there. Turbo, Supercharger, exhaust, chips or a combination, what do you guys recommend to build the ultimate rocket.

Thanks,
Marco

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just get a 2006 corvette. It will cost you less :D (JK) but it will cost U lots to get the G up to 400 HP.

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
For 400+ whp I think you best bet is a single or twin turbo. As far as budget goes I think you're looking at $12k on the low side to $25k+ for a fully built motor.

There are no chips for the VQ ECU at this time, the closest alternative is a reflash by Technosquare.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was thinking maybe $15-20k for Twin snails+engine reinforcement. My question is why throw in $20k into a ~$40k car. I rather just get somethin else IMO. to each their own.

·
Registered
383 Posts
a $300 nitro kit and $20 in jets to get a 120 shot youll be in the 400 hp

·
Registered
383 Posts
SmokeG305 said:
juanv1122 said:

not wheel power.

ok fine not wheel power your right so just put a bigger jet and you will get what you want

·
Registered
24,097 Posts
juanv1122 said:
SmokeG305 said:
juanv1122 said:

not wheel power.

ok fine not wheel power your right so just put a bigger jet and you will get what you want

what are you talking about? whats a bigger jet??

·
Registered
383 Posts
SmokeG305 said:
juanv1122 said:
SmokeG305 said:
juanv1122 said:

not wheel power.

jet as in the nitros kit they requier jets that control the flow of nitros into your system so that you have an option of putting 40 shot or 300 shot ino your car now do you know what im talking about ??????/

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Don't know if this is 100% true but....

I've heard our VDC will cause detonation with Nitrous if the system is not turned off and subsequently kicks in during wheel spin. Just an FYI you may want to look into prior to going with speed in a bottle.

·
Registered
35,588 Posts
Actually nitrous oxide is very safe as long as your engine is in good condition. I used to have nitrous set up on my Civic and used it very succesfully. The only reason why I blew my motor is because I got greedy and tried to squeeze too much! :lol: In other words, I used too much nitrous. I was squeezing a 75 shot and decided I was going to try to run 12's (I was running 13's) by changing my jet and going with a 100 hp shot. It was too much for an unreinforced engine. I actually didn't blow the whole engine but I did blow some big chunks out of my exhaust valves. :lol: But as long as you are reasonable with the nitrous and don't get greedy like I did, nitrous is an inexpensive way to increase your hp. On a V6 like ours, a 100hp shot would be perfect! Just make sure that you use a throttle switch because it is a lot safer than using the button!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
you guys think its possible to have aroun 400 with an all-motor application. I was thinking about headers, bored head, pistons, rods, valve springs, cams, cam gears, etc etc...

·
Registered
383 Posts
VQ35Sleeper said:
you guys think its possible to have aroun 400 with an all-motor application. I was thinking about headers, bored head, pistons, rods, valve springs, cams, cam gears, etc etc...

yeah its very possible but i depends on how mutch you want to spend like you can easly drop about 5 grand rebuilding your motor but it may make 400hp but but you will be subjected to only beeing all motor cause if you want to build hp you need to go with a higher compression and you cant spray or boost on that high of conmpression motors where if ou buiolt the engin witha power adder in mind then you can make the adjustsment acordinly

·
Registered
383 Posts
sorry for the dup post

·
Registered
35,588 Posts
VQ35Sleeper said:
It's definitely possible if you have the $$$. Balanced and blueprinted, match ported and polished and everything else that you listed above. You would have to get pretty radical and you would never be able to pass smog again but it is possible.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Probably not. It's very difficult to get past the magic 100hp/per liter mark with normal aspiration. Forced induction will do it, but for 400rwhp, you'll need almost 500 at the flywheel. That's grenade time, even for our mighty 3.5's.

If you really do have the funds to put this together, I'd have to agree with others... look at another option. Like a C6.

Sounds fun though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
APS Twin Turbo - looks awesome

What do you guys think about the APS twin turbo. $7500 for the unit + $2500 install gets you 400HP at the wheels. Doesn't seem to shabby. Any experience with this unit or this company?

·
Registered
24,097 Posts
juanv1122 said:
SmokeG305 said:
juanv1122 said:
SmokeG305 said:
juanv1122 said:

not wheel power.

jet as in the nitros kit they requier jets that control the flow of nitros into your system so that you have an option of putting 40 shot or 300 shot ino your car now do you know what im talking about ??????/
oh the injectors, got it. :wink:

bigger injector will not get you to 400 wheel horsepower... you'd be lucky if you put down 330 hp w/ a 100 shot of nos. now if you get suspension work... then you're talkin :wink:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts