Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a g37s 6mt sedan. I know the tires/wheels are staggered. I want to know what the best recommended package is that allows me to swap out tires and wheels for winter driving. I don't want to buy the same staggered setup that I have for summer. Can I remove the spacer bolt that prevents the rear wheels from being mounted on the front? Thank you all for your input!

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Not sure what your best option is but others will chime in.

I think I've heard of running same size tire all around for winter specific. Cash is up in Canada and I think he might have a good example of what works well.
Tires are; you get what you pay for and most are not cheap. No reason to go high end or the most expensive but by now after the Blizzaks have been around so long, everybody make a pretty good traction tire. I spotted some Firestone winter tires a few years ago that looked good and were not pricey.

Depending on the winters you get wherever it is you live, how well you are at winter driving etc... you may not be as lucky as I am. I stayed away from winter specific to go all season and that saves me some serious $. I have one set of tires that does everything pretty well and although expensive, not the money another set of wheels and tires would cost by a long shot.

My strategy;

-Winters in Colorado Springs are part time with wicked conditions only sometimes and deep snow only sometimes. If really nasty, I can take my wife's SUV.
-Work commute is 4.2 miles.
-Winter driving experience of 17 years in Michigan, much of that in rwd cars.
-25 days out of 30, we have pretty clear pavement in winter , often bone dry.
-Weapon of choice, Conti DWS extreme contact, consistently one of the best rated high perf all season tires by user ratings.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
Yes, you can remove the bolt on the front rotors. Just remember to keep the rear wheels on the back.

If it were me, I would buy some oem non-sport wheels and mount the non staggered oem size tires on them. Oem wheels can usually be found inxpensively and you know he figment will be right. You just need to make sure they will clear your brakes and spacers may be required for that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a 08 G35xS that i installed the sport brakes on. the car came with 18's that did not clear the front brakes. i had to put spacers on the front and the back cleared. the stock 17's will not clear the brakes. so you would have to look for at least the 18's from a S model.
i live in chicago where our last winter was bad and i installed the Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires. they worked great in the snow. My wife felt a lot more comfortable after i changed the tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts