Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As if the dings and scratches on the front bumper aren't enough... I BARELY knicked the side of my car with the pump nozzle this morning when I was filling up and lo and behold, I now have a permanent little white gash to remind me of my mistake. This paint blows. Doesn't change how I feel about my car, but I hate that the paint is so fragile.

But on the positive side, I filled up for the first time in this car for less than $30. $29.60 to be exact, but then again, it was only 15 gallons. I had been paying anywhere between $35 to $42 per tank, so that was a really welcome change.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
316 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question for a bunch of sports car veterans, but plus or premuim unleaded? Is it worth the extra few bucks every other week?

- Desparetly seeking a nice wood dash kit for my black 6MT.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jtb

Maybe this is a dumb question for a bunch of sports car veterans, but plus or premuim unleaded? Is it worth the extra few bucks every other week?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The manual says to only use Premium for the Coupe whereas the manual for the Sedan says it's optional. I've no idea whether or not it would harm the car otherwise, but I'm a big fan of RTFM type of solutions.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spend the extra bucks on premium. There are a lot of threads here specifically about this topic. Do a search and see if anyone's arguments compell you to go with one or the other.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Oh god, please spend the extra money you have no idea how much dammage that can cause if you use a lower grade octane in the car. It literally rips apart the inside of the cylinder walls if you use a lower grade. Just has to due with the explosion and stuff. hope this helps u out.

·
Registered
818 Posts
The other thing to be on the lookout for is the infamous teathered gas cap scratch/scuff!!

Don't let that sucker swing or brush down on the paint, otherwise you will see a nice path built into your paint by the gas cap over time!!

Always swing it OVER the gas tank lid and outta the way....

Ken...Sorry to hear about your mishap...that kinda crap drives me nuts!!

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero

·
Registered
818 Posts
And one other thing...PREMIUM ALWAYS!!!

The lower octane will screw up this engine over time....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks for the info. I found that other post about premium fuel vs. regular. Looks like I'll be coughing up a few extra bucks every other week for premium.

·
Registered
818 Posts
JTB...

Your wood (w-astic) dash kit can be found @ www.g35accessories.com...

$278!!

I don't think you're gonna be happy though, once you do this...

This car is totally anti-wood!!! It may look worse than the silver plastic!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Crazymofo,
Have you seen a G with the wood added? I don't want it if it looks trashy, but I've always been a fan of the wood interior.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1CRAZMOFO

It may look worse than the silver plastic!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I love the silver plastic!! [boxing]

·
Registered
230 Posts
me too, at first I thought it was cheap for infiniti to use the plastic instead of a metal, but once the summer hit and the metal pieces turn 5000 degrees, i was very thankful it was used sparingly.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
818 Posts
The problem with phony wood is it looks just that...PHONY!!

Did the whole wood dash kit thing in my Acura CL-S....
Hated it after awhile cause it looked so damn phony!!

REAL WOOD = BMW, BENZ, JAGUAR and I don't know if even they still use REAL wood....

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Totally agree about the dash kits. I don't like 'em. Unless it's the WHOLE piece, and that's usually only from the factory. The stickers are just plain stupid.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Someone else posted that link earlier, but no one was able to confirm whether they were full parts or not. Can you confirm, jarrettblue?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here's a copy of the email I sent, hopefully I'll get a quick response.

<font color="red">I’m very happy with your products and have a question about some others I’m interested in.

83-06-10 MAPLE WOOD TYPE CENTER CONSOLE FOR 5M-ATx
83-06-11 MAPLE WOOD TYPE AT SHIFT KNOB FOR 5M-ATx
83-06-12 MAPLE WOOD TYPE DOOR ARM REST

Are these replacement parts? Do the stock plastics need to be removed, or do they fit over the stock parts? Are they sticker type pieces? Are they available in Bird’s eye or just Maple? Are the heated seat switches cut for US models? On piece 83-06-10 I noticed a switch on the upper right side of the console – US models don’t have this switch, will there be a hole for US models?

Thanks for your help.

PS – If the parts will fit properly there are quite a few people I’d like to refer to you for some puchases.

Thanks
Jarrett</font id="red">

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
818 Posts
Wasn't meaning to diss the silver plastic...Looks fine to me!!

Just trying to say that the "wood kit" is no improvement and will actually look worse..(In my humble opinion)

Those plastic "wood" dash kits??

The dash equivalent of Corithian Leather!!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I know...I KNOW....Try CORINTHIAN!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts