Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting these Back-up sensors for my G. Tell me what yall think.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
316 Posts
The sensors look alright; just like the factory insalled type you find in other cars. The display is awful though. You would really put that ugly thing in your pretty car? Good price if you really want/need them.

Black 2003.5 6MT - Willow - Nav - Premium - Performance - Tint - Nose mask

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I like those a lot. I wish that the car would have come with them stock. However, I am not liking the display that comes with that kit at all. I think it looks kind of goofy. Maybe if you just didnt mount the display where it was visible and only listened for the beeps?

I think that if I went with any kind of back up technology it would be the rear view camera that you can hook up to the AVelectronic.com DVD/TV Tuner.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did ya'll see the optional display?

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Pictures |

·
Registered
230 Posts
I guess my comment might not be applicable where everyone here lives, but I would think the only real use you'd get out of back up sensors is pulling in/out of parallel parking situations and the occasional tight squeeze. I don't know about everyone else, but I think I've only parallel parked my G once in nearly 7k. So for me they are not really necessary - I also think the view out the rear isn't too bad to judge distance. But just my take.

I think it would be a cool gaget to add if it looked "factory" but I don't really like the look of that aftermarket product.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I backed into a cement block that was about 2' tall at a gas station. It was about 4 feet from the side of the gas pump. I had no idea it was there. I just want to avoid hitting anything like that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
these sensors are garbage... the visual display is a hazzard since you have to take your eyes off of DRIVING to check it. the only good way to do it is via a good audio tone mechanism, which also won't make your beautiful G35 look like crap on the inside. You also have to drill your bumpers, drill your rear chassis, run wires every-freaking-ware. Not for me.

I researched every possible aftermarket parking sensor out there and the best one I could find is: ReverseGuard. http://www.americanroadproducts.com/
Ask for Allan or Bill, 714-969-8907 1910 E. Warner, Suite A, Santa Ana, CA corner of Redhill and warner behind Porter Creative Group

This product has the sensors embedded in a custom license plate frame, no bumper drilling, or unsightly gauges, has great rear coverage and a national safety board approved tone alert that changes as you get closer to an object. it covers the entire back end including 45 degree angles from each taillight. you will be impressed.! the price is a bit high, $250, but well worth it.

TaoCha
Diamond Graphite Coupe

·
Registered
316 Posts
That looks pretty sweet; thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out a new site www.gdpsensor.com. You can buy a back up sensor online for under $80.00. They have them in recessed or stick on type. I got a two sensor recessed device and had it installed for $40. It looks great and works real nice. There is no display, just a beeper that you hear inside the car. It starts beeping slowly at 1.4 meters from and obejct. The beeps increases in intensity until you get close to an object.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Pretty cheap, but I would never want those little wires hanging down the back of my bumper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
good point. I got the recessed sensor and drilled a hole in the bumper. It is a bit of a job but it looks great when its done. there are no wires with the recessed type

·
Registered
402 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by taocha

I researched every possible aftermarket parking sensor out there and the best one I could find is: ReverseGuard. http://www.americanroadproducts.com/
Ask for Allan or Bill, 714-969-8907 1910 E. Warner, Suite A, Santa Ana, CA corner of Redhill and warner behind Porter Creative Group
the price is a bit high, $250, but well worth it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I would get this if the plate came in silver/metal or chrome finish.
Black plastic frame looks really nasty.
Did anyone purchase this product, and if so please POST a pic of it. I want to see how bad it looks on our beautiful G35.
thanks

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
good luck... make sure they have good ratings, here at my job we installed a back up sensor in a car and they did not work at all, they kept beeping for no reason and than sometimes they wouldnt beep at all.. make sure they work first before drilling holes.. ie: take a peiace of card board that is just as long as your bumper, put the sensors in the card board and have someone hold it as you walk in front of it.. :) I would hate to see you drill holes in your bumper if the product dosnt work.

AIM: Jo3yf
'03.5 5AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Winter | Heated Seats/mirrors
350z intake tube | Stillen CAB | Clear Corners | Drilled Pedals | Sick Audio Setup
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz.

·
Registered
402 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bizz

I would hate to see you drill holes in your bumper if the product dosnt work.

AIM: Jo3yf
'03.5 5AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Winter | Heated Seats/mirrors
350z intake tube | Stillen CAB | Clear Corners | Drilled Pedals | Sick Audio Setup
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz.
The above product I don't think requires drilling holes in the bumper since will use exisitng license plate frame holes.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Hope that phone number and reverse guard advertisement is not labeled on every bracket.

2004 G35 Coupe|5AT| Brilliant Silver|Graphite Leather|Premium|Perfomance|Aero|Pictures

·
Registered
402 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Hot Foot

Hope that phone number and reverse guard advertisement is not labeled on every bracket.

2004 G35 Coupe|5AT| Brilliant Silver|Graphite Leather|Premium|Perfomance|Aero|Pictures
haha~ good one [:D]
Yeah,I hope not.
Worst case would be to spray paint the frame to have chrome finish[grad]

·
Registered
329 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jarrettblue

they are not really necessary - I also think the view out the rear isn't too bad to judge distance. But just my take.

I think it would be a cool gaget to add if it looked "factory" but I don't really like the look of that aftermarket product.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

Agreed!!!! Unless you really can't see well, I wouldn't bother. I can see fine in mine.

2004| Diamond Graphite| 6MT Coupe| Premium| Navi| 19' Racing Hart C'4| Eibach Springs| My driving skills

1 - 18 of 18 Posts