Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i was gone for about a week on a trip to Lake Havasu, it was beautiful there but hottt!! 120 degrees during the day! The fun part was on the way there and on the way back, i had the cruise control set at 130 on I-40 which was wiiiide open for about 45 minutes..and was able to really cover some ground there. My top speed was 148mph my buddy got it on camera, we were trying to hit the limiter but unfortunately a truck cut in front of us about half a mile ahead so we had to slow down. But you fell a craazy rush when you hit over 140 and you feel every single mph after that. The car was AMAZINGLY stable at those speeds even without the aero kit and all those diffusers and stuff. On the way back i couldn't go more than 130mph because of the traffic but i had lost of fun on the way there.

Trip Results:
Distance: 301 miles [crazy]
Estimated time until destination: 3 hours [8D]
Top Speed: 148mph [boink]
Average Speed: Approximately 100mph
Tickets: 1 (Failure to completely stop at a stop sign at 2am on a street that has no street lights)cop was sitting there with his lights off...couldn't see him at alll. [censored]
Overall Fun Factor: 9 out of 10 [cheers]

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
sounds like fun. that sucks about the ticket though.

I didn't know that the cruise control could be turned on at such a high speed. I know that I have had the cruise control on in my coupe before and was using the little button to make it accelerate and it wouldnt go past 95 (may have been 98). I will have to try going over that speed then setting the cruise control to see if it works for the coupe too I guess.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
funny that after all that speeding you got a ticket for running a red light! [lol]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
316 Posts
That really sucks man. 148 and you get a lame ass ticket like that? Better than reckless driving I guess.

- Desperately seeking a nice wood dash kit for my black 6MT.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep it does kinda suck getting a ticket for a stop sign and i didn't even do it cuz i didn't wanna stop..i just didn't see it in time..braked and new i wasn't gonna make it and saw no cars so i just let it roll through...its also my first ticket.

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
When you were going 148 did you have your windows down? I like the sound the wind makes at really high speeds.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
or unintentionally ingest a large amount of bugs

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol...no i didn't have my windows open but i did have my sun roof open at 120mph to feel the temperature with my hand at that speed (120 degrees) and it was hot!!..like sticking your hand inside a fire or something cuz of the speed i was traveling at.

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
wind burn + heat = OUCH!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts