Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that there will be an All wheel drive G35. Any truth to that and if so will it be worth a trade in of my current g35?

G-Class
G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Do you drive off pavement or in snow often?

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'M IN THE FLAT LAND OF FLORIDA

G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Before investing in a car, you really ought to buy a new keyboard. For about $10 you can get one with a functional caps lock key.

That said, if you don't live in a bad climate, AWD will buy you nothing aside more weight and power train loss.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
5 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On
That said, if you don't live in a bad climate, AWD will buy you nothing aside more weight and power train loss.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

While, I am new on this board and I don't have much creditability, I do disagree with that statement. My second car was a Talon TSI AWD. (first was a FWD, TSI) I miss that car. The AWD does a lot more then just add weight and power train loss. On this forum, many of the people that post always talk about drag racing. With my AWD Talon, I was able to DUMP the clutch at 7k and not have ANY tire spin. I would have 1.55 60ft times and... a 12.94 ET at 104.3MPH. My front wheel drive would turn 2.2 60ft times and 15.1's @ 106MPH. That car would spin through 1st, 2nd, 1/2 way through 3rd, and a nice chirp in 4th. AWD is great for many reasons, that is one of them.

I remember launching my talon (several years ago) against a friend of mine and his mustang 5.0 on a slight incline and this is what he said "That F...'n thing sounded like a jet as you pulled away, and if I could have sworn that your front wheels were almost off the ground. "

AWD is cool, so are Turbo's!

My 5 cents

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
You're quite right. AWD does indeed improve launching due to the increased grip. However, whether this results in an over all improvement in track times is debateable and car dependent as the increased weight and train loss will result in less over all accelleration.

I was more speaking to the growing impression I'm seeing among new car enthusiasts that AWD offers better handling on regular driving conditions over a RWD, an idea I reject.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I remember launching my talon (several years ago) against a friend of mine and his mustang 5.0 on a slight incline and this is what he said "That F...'n thing sounded like a jet as you pulled away, and if I could have sworn that your front wheels were almost off the ground. "<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If your front wheels were off the ground, that AWD system wasn't doing a whole hell of a lot for you, was it?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I would never change my RWD for an AWD. Just not the same fun or drift characteristics.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts