1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Aren't you glad you leased, lead? You did lease, didn't you?

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Aren't you glad you leased, lead? You did lease, didn't you?

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You are correct!

I wonder if they would swap my current lease out for a new one since it would be to their benefit in the long run? Anyone ever try this?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

I wonder if they would swap my current lease out for a new one since it would be to their benefit in the long run?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Don't forget you may have to return your car to it's original state (or close to it!). Include those costs. Plus, you don't want to give away all that stuff you just got, either.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got all the stock parts ready to swap back in if needed. no worries there. [:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don't plan too hard! It may be an acceleration dog!

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
46 Posts
Unless they increase engine power to overcome extra weight and increased drivetrain inefficiencies, it will be slower. Also, Audi is known for very good and efficient AWD, but it has very 'numb' steering compared to a good RWD car like the G35 and 330i. I'd hate to see the good G35 handling characteristics diminished.

·
Registered
19 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donfleck1

Unless they increase engine power to overcome extra weight and increased drivetrain inefficiencies, it will be slower. Also, Audi is known for very good and efficient AWD, but it has very 'numb' steering compared to a good RWD car like the G35 and 330i. I'd hate to see the good G35 handling characteristics diminished.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The G35 AWD will be totally different than the Audi quattro system. The Audi is full time AWD, with 80% of torque going to the front tires and 20% to the rears. The torque is then redirected up to 100% to the non-slipping wheel(s). Therefore, the car normally feels more like a front wheel drive car, but without torque steer. The Infiniti system will start with 100% to the rears, until there is slippage, at which point the power will transfer to the other wheels. Since it normally is only driving the rears, you don't get additional friction loss. There will be a small weight penalty, but since it will be much more efficient at getting the power to the road, it may be as fast or fast than the non-AWD. Off cause it will be much quicker on any smooth, damp, or snowy surface.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
marty, where did you get this info? it sounds very interesting... links please?

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

"In this life, it's not what you hope for, it's not what you deserve -- it's what you take."

·
Registered
19 Posts
Originally posted by rlipps

marty, where did you get this info? it sounds very interesting... links please?

The Audi info comes from Audi brochures and owner's manual (I've owned a A4 quarttro for 7 years). The Infiniti info comes from a series of threads and links on FreshAlloy.com (Infiniti forum).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts