Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Um...very?
You've driven a manual before, right? I assume you have, but then you'd know the difference. It's pretty much the same auto vs. manual difference than any car will have.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice

·
Registered
316 Posts
6 speed = fun
Auto = boring

You made a good choice.

Black 2003.5 6MT - Willow - Nav - Premium - Performance - Tint - Nose mask

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Yeah, you made the right choice. You should have a very good reason to buy a sports car with auto [:)]

On an unrelated note (sorry for the hijacking, but we all know redjay did the right thing), the G seems like an awful car on which to learn to drive manual. I learned on a cheap car with a mushy clutch, and compared to that, the G is unforgiving. I'd hate to drive it without manual experience (even though it stalls very politely). So redjay, if you are new to manuals, good luck! [:D]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

Yeah, you made the right choice. You should have a very good reason to buy a sports car with auto [:)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Like if you drive in traffic a lot. By the way, the auto in this car is far superior to any auto I've ever driven. It packs a pretty heavy punch. I definitely think manual is more fun, but auto is more practical without giving up too much in the "fun" department. Just depends on what it is you're after with this car.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh
Like if you drive in traffic a lot.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yeah, most people say that's a good reason. Personally, I don't mind traffic much, but then again, I don't live in SoCal [:)]

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'll have to give you that one kloh. Every now and then I'll get backed up in traffic and wish I had an auto. Those times are few and far between though.

Black 2003.5 6MT - Willow - Nav - Premium - Performance - Tint - Nose mask

·
Registered
21 Posts
The shifter is stiffer that most other cars. Try to book lessons at a driving school and specify that you want to learn manual. I know a friend that booked 5 lessons at a school just to learn manual. They provided her with a "crud box" and she went out with an instructor. After 3 lessons, she was fine and cancelled the remaining 2 lessons. Once you learn manual, taking corners, heal and toeing and gear matching is such a beautiful feeling. Sort of like hitting a golf ball straight and far 300 yards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts