Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are dealers giving people exact arrival dates for the coupes they order? Mine was supposed to arrive last week and it didn't. They can't tell me when its supposed to get here. Can anyone enlighten me a bit? Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by fattalr

Are dealers giving people exact arrival dates for the coupes they order? Mine was supposed to arrive last week and it didn't. They can't tell me when its supposed to get here. Can anyone enlighten me a bit? Thanks.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This time of year is difficult for the dealers. I just found out today that my car was not ordered in June like I thought. He was only allowed to order 4 in June so mine is being ordered with the July orders. Waaaaahhhhh! [:(]

ANYway... it seems manufacturing takes a month off for summer break (boy I wish we had that here in America - the most wonderful country in the world but not enough vacation time!) and then they have to allocate time to do the change overs for the model year. I forgot to ask what changes were being made but I'm going to follow up later this month when I call in for my VIN #. I was given a guestimate of late September.

Since yours was expected soon, do you have the VIN#? They should know the VIN# of all their cars that are in port, and the delivery/in port dates for all assigned VIN #'s, not to mention the production/manufacturing schedule. Sounds like you have a very lazy salesman. Most everyone on all the boards has known the VIN and duedate, and most dealers have either made or exceeded the duedate, as long as it was before the summer break.

Hope that helps!

2004 Twilight Blue on order |premium | perf |

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response shelleycat. My dealer insists that it is supposed to arrive in July but he still doesn't have a vin number for me. I think you're right about the lazy salesman. He's starting to get on my nerves.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where did you get the color info on 'twilight blue?' I'm waiting to get more info on the '04s and am having a hard time getting any new colors. Any info will help!

shark

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
shark,

there have been a lot of news and rumors about the color changes for the 04's. Near as I can tell, here's what's happening:

COUPE:
Carribean Blue gone, replaced by Twilight Blue

SEDAN:
Diamond Graphite added

The only confirmed order I've heard about is sirmilton's DG sedan. Other than that, the others are still speculation at this point... but heavilly rumored. Talk to your dealer. They SHOULD have some updated info. If not, ask another dealer.

regards, and welcome to the board.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
How far off is twilight from the Z's daytona blue?

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I believe the Z's Daytona blue is closer to Carribean Blue. Twilight Blue is darker, and there were a very small number of sedans made in the initial 03 batch. Why they got rid of it, I don't know? It's a nice deep blue color.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
3 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

How far off is twilight from the Z's daytona blue?

Twilight blue is much darker than the Z's Daytona blue. It is a very, very dark metallic blue that can look almost black in some lighting conditions. I have one on order and am planning my Zaino activities now to keep it looking good.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yeah, Zaino rocks. I was only going to dress the tires and clean my rims last night, and my buddy decided he'd do a free Zaino wash (had a bottle of Zaino spray finish/cleaner), and man, the car looked great after that! I really need to get some.

If anyone knows a contact over at Zaino, let me know. I'd love to be able to work out some purchases for the board.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone who experienced the april/may production failure, please contact me regarding this situation. Possible legal actions are being discussed as well as some incentives/rebates some like myself are supposed to receive. There are supposedly ~349 of you out there, please contact me [email protected]. Please do not use this forum for this issue though(it's a great forum for everything else), we do not want any confidential info going out to the public, or anything that might hinder Infiniti remediation. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
may i ask who you are?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 13307

Anyone who experienced the april/may production failure, please contact me regarding this situation. Possible legal actions are being discussed as well as some incentives/rebates some like myself are supposed to receive. There are supposedly ~349 of you out there, please contact me [email protected]. Please do not use this forum for this issue though(it's a great forum for everything else), we do not want any confidential info going out to the public, or anything that might hinder Infiniti remediation. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Somehow the beginning of my reply did not show up, I ordered in March, dealer ordered in beg of april, told me end of may delivery, turned out to be may production, car was not produced. I have been in contact with others like yourself as well as the Inf consumer affairs supervisors and inf distribution supers. There is power in numbers, currently they are offering $500 incentives and attempting to locate replacement similiar vehicles for people in our situation, but I am trying to gather up everyone who is being shafted by Infiniti. FYI if there are telling you all of the cars not produced are going to be produced in August, distribution says that they will not arrive until end of sept to mid october. I got a message this morning(left last night) from distribution that there is a car 'like' mine in the 'west' region and I could probably have that, but I will not get details until later today when Ca office opens(I'm on east coast). Anyway, if you want to get together with us(currently only 2 others located) and discuss any findings or other info, please email me at [email protected] and I'll send over my info, I do not want to post any personal info or other's personal info over the net, plus we do not want to belay and collective bargaining that may result. Thanks

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by fattalr

may i ask who you are?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 13307

1 - 12 of 12 Posts