Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font size="2"><font face="Times New Roman">Hi Gals and Guys! I'm new to this, so go easy on me. My G35 is on order from a very reputable dealer (have seen a few kudos to this dealership). But I almost bought a 6 MT CL Type S Acura; just couldn't get past the [bigeyes] lousy dealers and boring looks (not to mention the hair trigger clutch).

OK, onto the armrest. The reason for commenting on the Acura was that their Coupe 6MT has a very good armrest. It's got the right height to relax on for long trips when you're in sixth gear AND, here's the kicker: it slides back and forth!!! That means, when you get on the shifter and need room, this thing slides back out of the way. I'll tell you, those Honda engineers and interior designers were really thinking. Imitation being flattery, I'm very surprised Infiniti didn't "borrow" the concept.

Comptech, which is the privateer tuner with a backdoor to Honda performance in house, used to read all the various forums and keep or pass on some of the ideas. I wonder if Infiniti/Nissan reads these forums.....if so, maybe we can look forward to some running changes in designs.

Good luck to all and wish me luck in getting my car. I'm still waiting but I'm uncharacteristically patient (deposit went in before Christmas).

BONDg35c</font id="Times New Roman"></font id="size2">

·
Registered
21 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BONDg35c

<font size="2"><font face="Times New Roman">Hi Gals and Guys! I'm new to this, so go easy on me. My G35 is on order from a very reputable dealer (have seen a few kudos to this dealership). But I almost bought a 6 MT CL Type S Acura; just couldn't get past the [bigeyes] lousy dealers and boring looks (not to mention the hair trigger clutch).

OK, onto the armrest. The reason for commenting on the Acura was that their Coupe 6MT has a very good armrest. It's got the right height to relax on for long trips when you're in sixth gear AND, here's the kicker: it slides back and forth!!! That means, when you get on the shifter and need room, this thing slides back out of the way. I'll tell you, those Honda engineers and interior designers were really thinking. Imitation being flattery, I'm very surprised Infiniti didn't "borrow" the concept.

Comptech, which is the privateer tuner with a backdoor to Honda performance in house, used to read all the various forums and keep or pass on some of the ideas. I wonder if Infiniti/Nissan reads these forums.....if so, maybe we can look forward to some running changes in designs.

I'm looking forward an armrest and possible usable cup holders that can fit in this car. My only complaints about this car is the lack of usable storage and cup holders. but what the heck, it's a sport coupe and all the other benefits of the car far out weigh its only deficiency. [thmsup]

I'm surprised that they're taking so long for the delivery. I booked mine in December and I got it delivered in mid February. Exactly 8 weeks later. I even postponed delivery till mid March because of ice and snow storms in Toronto. But it's worth the wait. You're gonna love this beauty. What colour did you get. Is it a 6MT? [cheers]

Good luck to all and wish me luck in getting my car. I'm still waiting but I'm uncharacteristically patient (deposit went in before Christmas).

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Han-man

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BONDg35c

I'm looking forward an armrest and possible usable cup holders that can fit in this car. My only complaints about this car is the lack of usable storage and cup holders. but what the heck, it's a sport coupe and all the other benefits of the car far out weigh its only deficiency. [thmsup]

I'm surprised that they're taking so long for the delivery. I booked mine in December and I got it delivered in mid February. Exactly 8 weeks later. I even postponed delivery till mid March because of ice and snow storms in Toronto. But it's worth the wait. You're gonna love this beauty. What colour did you get. Is it a 6MT? [cheers]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">It'll be a Desert Plat., willow leather, 6MT, premium pkge. -- no nav. Here in SoCal, I got some conflicting timelines but this dealership is very good and they said 14-16 weeks to produce, plus scheduling time to ship, plus shipping across Pacific. Whaddoo I know?

On the colors, this dealership had the colors I wanted all arranged out back in the bright noon time sun. It really was a great way to look at the choices: black, platinum, silver, white, graphite. Altho I've had a graphite gen 1 rx7 and the G35 graphite is almost exactly the same, I really was torn between the silver and platinum. If you saw the two colors away from each other, you'd hardly know they were different.

I'm usually not patient, but this dealer has called me several times, in a very nice way, with loaded up cars to see if I want to buy it. Don't need/want nav or aero so I say no. Here's hopin'!!!

BOND

1 - 3 of 3 Posts