Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard i dunno if it was in this forum or not...about Arm Rests coming on the 6MT G35 Coupes starting March. Is this true?...i passed by a dealer today in Miami and the dude said he has heard nothing about that...so i am was i thinking if i should order the car already and wait the 3 months and hope for it to come ....but if not..i wonder if that arm rest can be installed afterwards on a "non Armrest g35 coupe"...i wouldn't mind paying a small fee even i should...

BTW great lil Forums...i have been looking for one to scoop info out...if not make my own...no need for that now...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The word on the street is those produced after March. I guess we'll just wait and see, but I don't think they're making any official announcement about it. Just like with the 2003.5 sedans having a different trunk lid, they just kinda showed up!

Thanks for your compliments on the forum. If you're looking for some really interesting reading, check out Gav's Auto Industry News forum.

http://www.6mt.net/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=18

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
41 Posts
VQ- what is different about the trunk lid? I have been trying to keep up with things, but I have to admit that I am not up to speed. Also, with my 6MT sedan coming in next week. Is this considered a 2003.5? I would presume then that I will have the different trunk lid?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
2003:

2003.5:

Best I could do!

6-speed

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow, I had never noticed the difference but it is a rather significant change. I think it is a change for the better. Here is a better view of the trunck lid in it's entirety (sp?). The biggest two differences I can notice are:
1) The Name "INFINITI" written quite differently, and
2) The trunk handle and surrounding box have vanished

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kinda giving it the Copue look at the trunk...i say its a nice change...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yes GREAT change. I was never a big fan of the trunk handle.

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
No idea beyond what VQ said, but I can give you an owner's perspective. I've had mine since the beginning of December (placed my holding fee down in September or October I think). I've never once thought that my arm was tired from supporting it myself, nor have I ever found myself wishing for a rest. To be honest, I'm such a nut in the car, I think an arm rest would just get in my way.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot to mention...but when i passed by the dealer...i didn't feel the neeed for a rest...you arm sits very comfy...and it has a tiny but its there compartment...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At some other board this guys claims to receive his DG coupe recently with an armrest and he mentions that the manual saids you can take it off and put it back on. Not bad ...!

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Well, that makes the arm rest a little more palatable. Good find [thmsup]

6-speed

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya...thats what i thought...especially when you are just heading to work early in the morning where you know racing is most likly to occur with a few exceptions on some days...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts