Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hehe well I thought I would post something so you can moderate it Gmaster...hehe all your forums seem lonely right now! [:D]

I havent taken the G to the track but when I had my 98 stang GT with a few minor mods my best time was a 14.5 @96mph. Kind of slow but hey what can I say...Im not that good of a driver! [:D] Im wondering if the my G can break into the high 14's???

03' G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Heh, thanks for the support Chaz [:p]

Coupe specs (from Car & Driver):

Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2+2-passenger, 2-door coupe
Estimated base price: $30,000-$35,000
Engine type: DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, Nissan engine-control system with port fuel injection
Displacement 213 cu in, 3498cc
Power (SAE net) 280 bhp @ 6200 rpm
Torque (SAE net) 270 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
Transmissions 6-speed manual, 5-speed automatic
Wheelbase 112.2 in
Length 182.2 in
Width 71.5 in
Height 54.8 in
Curb weight 3400-3450 lb
C/D-estimated performance (6-sp man):
Zero to 60 mph 5.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph 14.6 sec
<font color="red">Standing 1/4-mile 14.4 sec @ 98 mph</font id="red">
Top speed (governor limited) 155 mph
Projected fuel economy:
EPA city driving 19-20 mpg
EPA highway driving 26 mpg

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hhmm so if the coupe gets 14.4 and thats probably with a 6MT...then Im think 14.6-14.9 for the sedan. I think it was Road&Track where they tested it and wrote a 14.6 I think for it...somewhere I believe I read a 14.6 tested by someone...

03' G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
magazine times are always off. give some G owners some time, and we'll start seeing low 14 second 1/4 times. VQ35 powered maxima automatics are already running low 14s..some are in the high 13s with mods.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah well I raced my roommate last summer and he has a 99GT with a fastest track time of 14.0 with a few minor mods. It is definately capable of high 13's. Anyway we raced from about a 30roll to 100 and I was still right at his back bumper with my front bumper. So I agree with you buzz...give them some time and we will start seeing G's in the low 14's for sure...

03' G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'll be happy to be in the mid 13's with my baby after minimal mods...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
85 Posts
in my 99 Civic Si, i pulled a 14.8 in the quarter with a cold air intake and header. i have the slip too, no BS.

not bad for 120 less HP and 160 less torque huh?[:D]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint, cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
85 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by n/a

Heh, thanks for the support Chaz [:p]

Coupe specs (from Car & Driver):

Vehicle type: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2+2-passenger, 2-door coupe
Estimated base price: $30,000-$35,000
Engine type: DOHC 24-valve V-6, aluminum block and heads, Nissan engine-control system with port fuel injection
Displacement 213 cu in, 3498cc
Power (SAE net) 280 bhp @ 6200 rpm
Torque (SAE net) 270 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
Transmissions 6-speed manual, 5-speed automatic
Wheelbase 112.2 in
Length 182.2 in
Width 71.5 in
Height 54.8 in
Curb weight 3400-3450 lb
C/D-estimated performance (6-sp man):
Zero to 60 mph 5.6 sec
Zero to 100 mph 14.6 sec
<font color="red">Standing 1/4-mile 14.4 sec @ 98 mph</font id="red">
Top speed (governor limited) 155 mph
Projected fuel economy:
EPA city driving 19-20 mpg
EPA highway driving 26 mpg
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

hehe....99 Civic Si specs(from memory[:D])

Vehicle type: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 2-door coupe
Estimated base price: $17,000-$18,000
Engine type: DOHC 16-valve Inline-4, aluminum block and heads, Variable valve timing and electronic lift control(VTEC), multiport fuel injection
Displacement 97 cu in, 1595cc
Power (SAE net) 160 bhp @ 7600 rpm
Torque (SAE net) 111 lb-ft @ 7000 rpm
Transmissions 5-speed manual
Wheelbase 103.2 in
Length 175.1 in
Width 67.1 in
Height 54.1 in
Curb weight 2612 lb
Self-tested performance(with light mods):
Zero to 60 mph 6.5 sec
Zero to 100 mph 16.6 sec
<font color="red">Standing 1/4-mile 14.8 sec @ 93 mph</font id="red">
Top speed (self-tested[shake]): 150 mph
Projected fuel economy:
EPA city driving 26 mpg
EPA highway driving 31 mpg

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint, cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry CIVIC...not sure I believe you. Why dont you post a pic of your timeslip. I have NEVER seen in all my times of going to the track a civic run below a 15.0 that wasn't heavily modded...

BUT on another note...it's a civic...hahaha...enough said man! Please tell me your not trying to compare cars here...even if my G ran a 16 second quarter I would STILL take it over a CIVIC...lol [lol]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
And if you're going to compare using C&D's data, you should use their updated speeds. 0-60 in 5.5 and a quarter in 14.2 if memory serves.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AND you actually hitting 150mph top speed man??? COME ON...yeah! [lol]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
172 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

AND you actually hitting 150mph top speed man??? COME ON...yeah! [lol]

'03 G35 Sedan.

he's telling the truth, ive been with him once when he's done it. and hes not lying about the time either, i was there for that as well. in fact i might even have it on tape. Wait, come to think of it, this was before I started goign with him. But im sure hed be glad to scan it up for you.

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
85 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

Sorry CIVIC...not sure I believe you. Why dont you post a pic of your timeslip. I have NEVER seen in all my times of going to the track a civic run below a 15.0 that wasn't heavily modded...

BUT on another note...it's a civic...hahaha...enough said man! Please tell me your not trying to compare cars here...even if my G ran a 16 second quarter I would STILL take it over a CIVIC...lol [lol]

'03 G35 Sedan.

hey its cool that you dont believe me. i wouldnt believe it either if i hadnt actually done it myself. ill post the timeslip when im at home and have some time to mess with the scanner. only mods i have are intake, header and exhaust. but this isnt any run-of-the-mill civic that you see all primered, sportin a F&F wing, and bouncin like its on a damn trampoline.[:D]

i have one of the (marginally) low-volume production civics named the Si. and for anyone whos not aquainted with it, its a kind of a factory "hot rod" so to speak. it has a slightly larger engine than most civics, and it has a cam system that has yet to be outdone by an engine of the same type and size.

its called DOHC VTEC (dual overhead cam, variable valve timing and electronic lift control) and how it works is that there is a computer that monitors engine speed, and when the engine speed gets to a certain rpm, usually around 5600, it activates a larger cam profile on the intake and exhaust cam, drawing in and expelling more air, and during this the computer continues to control spark, timing, and everything else, all the way up to its 8200 rpm redline.[:D]

this enables it to make some serious power on a relatively small engine. stock, its a 1.6 liter engine that makes 160 HP, 100hp per liter. the downside is, it has absolutely CRAP torque: 111 lb-ft[V] so its all top end.....loud as hell too, even with the stock exhaust[rockon]. not at all ricey sounding either(with the stock exhaust).

hey tim, do you think that you could post a link to a clip we put in the video? ill show you which one.

·
Registered
172 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JustAnotherCivic

but this isnt any run-of-the-mill civic that you see all primered, sportin a F&F wing, and bouncin like its on a damn trampoline.[:D]

graham......no. you sound more ricey than i have ever heard you before and I think you should stop before i begin to disown you [:D] hehe

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JustAnotherCivic

hey tim, do you think that you could post a link to a clip we put in the video? ill show you which one.

sure thing, just let me know which (the freeway one?)

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">but this isnt any run-of-the-mill civic that you see all primered, sportin a F&F wing, and bouncin like its on a damn trampoline.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I've never understood this. What, pre tel, is the purpose of a large wing on a front wheel driven car? The purpose of a wing on a performance car is to increase down force on the rear, thereby improving traction of the driving wheels. If anything, you're REMOVING traction on your driving wheels.

The only remaining possibility must be aesthetics. However, the appearance to those that are aware of basic physics is merely one of a poseur.

I've always found that odd.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i dont know why he even mentioned it (i wouldnt have) -- it's just a standard spoiler except the material it is made out of. i think its a lighter material than most but im not sure about it. it's not like some riced out 3 foot alum. wing that youd see on some Fast and the Furious wanna-be. Just a typcial, run of the mill, spoiler. At typical speeds it only adds weight.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts