Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still waiting on rear splashguards. They are on back-order from the dealership. I have had them on every other car, but the G35 ones look alot longer, in terms of the side profile, than others. Any opinions out there? Are they worth it, looks and protection-wise?

thanks

6MT Coupe - Diamond Graphite - everything but nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I don't know what kind of profile they will have, but I definitely want a set. I am going to order an Ivory Pearl/Graphite coupe next month, and with a color as light as that, I can't take chances!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I've been debating this myself... would love to know how well they really work. I found this pic and I think they look okay, but would be concerned about how much crap they can really keep off the car since they're so "short."

If anyone has any other photos, please post.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yeah those are the ones that fit the stock body, but since I'm getting the coupe aerokit with mine after it comes out in June, I am going to need the special splash guards that fit the aerokit... Hopefully soon!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
550 Posts
I really think the splash guards ruin the flow of the vehicle from a side profile. Friends who have a G35 say the guards are not necessary as the wheel is under the wheel well. Its a gimmic to get you to spend more $$. I think its not needed. [cheers]

On Order | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite |

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by craigdred

I really think the splash guards ruin the flow of the vehicle from a side profile. Friends who have a G35 say the guards are not necessary as the wheel is under the wheel well. Its a gimmic to get you to spend more $$. I think its not needed. [cheers]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah I think they would only look better if the front air dam and rear spoiler were in place, to complete the 'aero' look. Guess we'll have to wait till July to see!

XL

·
Registered
61 Posts
The splash guards do serve a purpose in keeping dirt, mud and all kinds of stuff off your car and so I will be getting mine soon.

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35Woman

The splash guards do serve a purpose in keeping dirt, mud and all kinds of stuff off your car and so I will be getting mine soon.

Hee Hee. G35 Woman, Just found out my Car on order will have the Guards...Thats Karma for you...If I am getting them with it, I guess I wont complain. Lets see how much dirt it keeps off. (As if I will be taking this thing mudding LOL)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Off-Road competition anyone? [:)]

XL

·
Registered
550 Posts
Take the bad boy out to Krome......
[lol]

·
Registered
61 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by craigdred

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35Woman

Hee Hee. G35 Woman, Just found out my Car on order will have the Guards...Thats Karma for you...If I am getting them with it, I guess I wont complain. Lets see how much dirt it keeps off. (As if I will be taking this thing mudding LOL)

Trust me, you need them. I will personally wash your car topless if they do not keep sand, dirt, tar, rocks, other debris from splashing on the sides.
Just ask Chaz....he knows. [boink]

·
Registered
550 Posts
Topless eah? Let me start the mudding races then[:D]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the sedan with splashguards? Just wondering what it would look like?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
203 Posts
I wish that I could've gotten the splash guards for the coupe sooner because now I've got tar on my car and it gets very very dirty very very easily. My set of four should be arriving any day now from G35accesories.com .... Anyone know how get shit off the paint thats caked on?[censored]

---"Watch out for that Mitsubishi Eclipse!!"------"Don't worry, the G35 can take 'em for all they're worth."---

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm thinking about installing splash guards to my G35C. Not sure whether to get it from the dealer and have them install it or order the guards online and do it myself. I found this site http://www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com where they're offering a discount. Does anyone know if you have to remove the wheels to install the splash guards? Cause if so I'd rather get the dealer to cut me a deal and have them install it instead. [banghead]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If I ever own a coupe, I will definitely get it with full splash guards & front lip spoiler. Hey, it's as close as you can get to having a full bodykit plus your car stays clean longer. What else can you ask for? [dunno]

XL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts