Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a curious question -

I was wondering if taking the tint off or removing the adhesive lest behind will pull off either the dots or the glass heater on the rear window - any experiences?

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've done it on an older car that had the same tint on it for 4 years. Unfortunately, I didn't know that there were crappy tint brands out there, and the tint on this car bubbled after about 3 hot summers.

But to answer your question-- No, the "dots" will not come off with the tint. But if you're not careful, you can definitely mess up the defroster lines. I recommend using a lot of Windex to soften up the glue under the window film. Take your time and you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
I have done side windows and not a problem. I would talk to an installer about the rear window. You might ruin your rear defogger removing the tint.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
1 Posts
[werd]Dude, My brother owns a window tint shop. And here's how it's done. Spray the tint with water and soap solution, grab a 40 gallon trash bag and cling it onto the tint. Turn on the rear defroster and the heater full blast for about 15-20 minutes outside in direct sunlight. The old tint should peel right off and dont worry about the dots coming off, those dots won't come off even if you wanted to. Well good luck............

·
Registered
77 Posts
altho not specifically said, obviously you want to really, really protect any speakers on the rear deck. no dripping water, no spraying, no dropping tools on 'em. just checkin' to make sure you know it. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts