Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on getting the G35 coupe in August. I've been hearing how the demand is so high that the dealers control the price freely. I also read how some of you guys bargained the price... I was just planning on asking for MSRP and lower it from there, but I imagined they could just say no and sell it to someone else for a greater price... How am I supposed to bargain this highly demanded vehicle??? And is it better for me to wait even longer or what? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Talk to the internet sales manager. He will most likely just tell you they are selling at MSRP. I have heard of some dealers putting markups on the coupe, and if that's the case, go to another dealer. It's highly unlikely you will be able to get a price break until the demand for this car slows down. You can, however, bargain for some dealer add-ons if you want to go through the trouble... but it's unlikely they will discount any of the options as delivered from the manufacturer.

Good luck!

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought my G long before ever seeing the forum, so I was quite surprised that the dealers were not bargaining. I also own a fully loaded 2002 QX4, so maybe that was why I got the dealer to move on the price. I have a 6mt with every option except navigation and I got it out the door for 33,250. I have the original window sticker and it says 35,600 or something very close to that. I know that I got over 3K off the sticker. The only reason that I did not opt for the Navigation is that I have the Nav in my QX4 and I have to admit that Infiniti's maps smoke pole for crack. They are really off unless you are in a large city, ie: Atlanta or Charlotte around here. The dealer was a little hard to deal with at first. I pulled up in my Q and I am only 23 so I think that he though I was drowning in debt. He was actually trying to talk me out of buying the car until I told him that I could write him a check for anything on the lot. He was more than helpful then and gave me a great deal. I hope that some more of you guys had the kind of luck that I had.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How long ago did you get your coupe and where?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jotay21

I bought my G long before ever seeing the forum, so I was quite surprised that the dealers were not bargaining. I also own a fully loaded 2002 QX4, so maybe that was why I got the dealer to move on the price. I have a 6mt with every option except navigation and I got it out the door for 33,250. I have the original window sticker and it says 35,600 or something very close to that. I know that I got over 3K off the sticker. The only reason that I did not opt for the Navigation is that I have the Nav in my QX4 and I have to admit that Infiniti's maps smoke pole for crack. They are really off unless you are in a large city, ie: Atlanta or Charlotte around here. The dealer was a little hard to deal with at first. I pulled up in my Q and I am only 23 so I think that he though I was drowning in debt. He was actually trying to talk me out of buying the car until I told him that I could write him a check for anything on the lot. He was more than helpful then and gave me a great deal. I hope that some more of you guys had the kind of luck that I had.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Rockman
DG/G 6MT Coupe w/prem. (on order)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got in February in South Carolina.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts