Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the grounding wire kit available for the G35??

Any comments about it??

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I haven't installed it, but everyone who has says they love it. It has been shoing 2-3 hp gains throughout the RPM band as well. It is also supposedly helping with throttle response and gas mileage.

·
Registered
40 Posts
just got mine installed today, along with some new fog/clearance lights. It feels a bit more responsive and it seems to shift a little easier. It may be mental, but I like it!

2003.5 6MT Black/Graphite Coupe Premium Aero

·
Registered
26 Posts
I dont understand why you guys would waste $70 to get the kit. If you're going to upgrade the power system due to high power stereo system you just put in then upgrade your alternator wires, and the ground wires that connected to the chassis. 4AWG is good enough. It can carry up to 131 Amp, you tell me that your alternator can generate that much amp? I dout that.

I think it's a mental thing cry havok. I mean it's like people that spent $$$ on CAP thinking that it solved their headlight dimming problem.

I think Semi On is a EE. Tell me what you think? I'm not a EE but i'm a CE so close enough.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by derrik

I think it's a mental thing cry havok. I mean it's like people that spent $$$ on CAP thinking that it solved their headlight dimming problem.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You are right, many people spend money on poorly built capacitors that do not do shit. However, some people do their shopping and find some that actually do work, and YES a real capacitor works extremely well.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I think Semi On is a EE. Tell me what you think? I'm not a EE but i'm a CE so close enough.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree completely.

I find it hard to believe that, universally, the engineers designing the electrical systems on cars are so incompetent that changing the grounding scheme would result in a significant improvement.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found an EXCELLENT grounding kit from a guy in Canada for $65 made from top-quality 4 gauge cable and installed it... At first, I was VERY skeptical that this would do ANYTHING, except waste my money...

I thought PURE SNAKE OIL for sure...

I was wrong!! The engine feels smoother...No question about it!!!
I'm not saying it adds HP or anything like that, but you can FEEL the difference in start-up, idling and shifting... It literally feels like an electric motor at idle...purrrrrrr....But then when you get on it, feels just like it did before, throaty, aggressive. I'm not sure if it lowers the impedence or what, but you can definitely feel the difference!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
hey Gard, get some big overlapping cams... mmmm blap blub blub blap blub blub blap... can you feel it???

---------------
AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]
2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gard...It's like a really hot chick...Smooth and slinky, when you want her to be, and then really kick ass and aggressive when you need her to be!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
got a 5 wire grounding kit for the G last night. NO BULLSHIT....the tranny shifts smoother. Buttery....I had a 01 BMW330 and the only thing I liked about the Bimmer better was the smoothness of the auto tranny. Putting this kit on has helped, TREMENDOUSLY. Again, no dyno, so I dont know anyhting about hp or torque increase, but the car feels smoother. You dont need a dyno to feel the increase in smoothness, you just need to be an enthusiast. Its worth the investment. Install was easy too...if you want one post and I'll give you info on how to get one....5 wire kit $84 to your door.

·
Registered
31 Posts
OMG! This topic again! :) Well, there's like a 40 page discussion on G35driver. Here's the link
http://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...ber=37783&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&part=all
There's about 50 people who are swearing that it works!
I just installed mine this weekend. I don't think it really makes that much difference for a manual. But supposedly for the AT's it's a huge difference. All of these guys swear by it. One guy even, in desbelief, after installing it, removed it just to confirm the difference. On freshalloy, there are guys who even dynoed before and after grounding kits. They all swear by it!

2004 Ivory Pearl 6MT
AirSplat.com - Airsoft Guns!

·
Registered
12 Posts
its been dyno proven to add horsepower.....

98 BMW 328i 4dr Sedan Sport Package....soon to be a G35 Coupe

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">But supposedly for the AT's it's a huge difference. All of these guys swear by it. One guy even, in desbelief, after installing it, removed it just to confirm the difference<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The same logic prompts people to pay $2k for speaker wire. Without a double blind test, basing the differentiation on human perception is inherently flawed. We're subject to suggestion and expectation which doesn't breed a very good experiment.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">its been dyno proven to add horsepower.....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

False. It's been dyno-suggested. I've never seen a test with adequate description of the test environment both prior and after. It would be relatively easy to make a change in the environment and cause a difference in the dyno as well. At least, this is my experience with the subject. Perhaps you've seen better studies than I.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I built a grounding kit with 4 gauge wire for free, and um is it me or did it make my car slower? my friends 03g sedan is just as fast or may be a lil quicker than mine n his car is stock..???? i have a stillen cab, 350z intake tube, grounding kit, .. can it be the gas im using? i have 6,000 miles he has 49,000 miles...

AIM: Jo3yf
'03.5 5AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver/Graphite | Premium | Winter | Heated Seats/mirrors
350z intake tube | Stillen CAB | Clear Corners | Drilled Pedals | Sick Audio Setup
View my car at http://www.cardomain.com/id/joebizz.

·
Registered
12 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

False. It's been dyno-suggested. I've never seen a test with adequate description of the test environment both prior and after. It would be relatively easy to make a change in the environment and cause a difference in the dyno as well. At least, this is my experience with the subject. Perhaps you've seen better studies than I. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Like I said before, its been dyno proven. This is from a coupe that had the grounding gear kit installed.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Originally posted by gordgee on G35driver.com
This is a Dyno provided to me by one of my Clients on a new (not broken-in) bone stock G35 Sedan. First pull was with the two main ground clusters disconnected and taped, and the second about 15 minutes later, all done on a hot day in Toronto last summer

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
And like I said:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I've never seen a test with adequate description of the test environment both prior and after.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

A cold start run on the engine and then a warm start could cause a small improvement in performance as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

And like I said:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I've never seen a test with adequate description of the test environment both prior and after.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

A cold start run on the engine and then a warm start could cause a small improvement in performance as well.

if the engine had been broken in maybe[angel]

·
Registered
402 Posts
Kind of funny question but which grounding wire color do you think will go well with my Ivory Pearl 6MT?

What is difference between Matte Silver & Silver & Smoked? Is it light grey vs. dark grey?

My narrowed choices are:
Matte Silver
Smoked
Black
Silver
Blue

As you can tell, I would like my engine bay to remain classy and not too flashy.
thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I think Semi On is a EE. Tell me what you think? I'm not a EE but i'm a CE so close enough.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I agree completely.

I find it hard to believe that, universally, the engineers designing the electrical systems on cars are so incompetent that changing the grounding scheme would result in a significant improvement.

Does the adding of the grounding kit affect the warranty in any way? Dealer in Virginia Beach has neither heard of the kit nor its affect on Hp, torque, mileage or smoothness of the transmission!

dw

1 - 20 of 28 Posts