Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.

I just changed the oil for the first time. It took only 5 minutes, but that followed 30 min. to remove the belly pan. I can't imagine anybody putting that thing BACK on if they intend to change their own oil again.

The local dealer wants $40, and even the factory (which usually like to brag about lengthy recommended oil change intervals) says change it every 3,000 miles. That means I'm the one doing it...;^)

-- Brent
Black 6MT Sedan
Austin, TX

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I kind of thought changing your own oil would void the warranty. Is this so?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
$40 is insane. My dealership never requires me to make an appointment (except for Saturday's) and gives me FREE oil changes plus wash and guarantees to have it done in 30 minutes or less. It is a lease, but I'm pretty sure I remember them telling me this the same for people who buy there as well. I wouldn't even think of changing my own oil.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Why are you guys doing your own oil changes? The first 2 are done complimentary by the dealer, and they include oil & filter change. After 7,500.00 miles however, the oil changes are on us!

X

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite | Sport | Premium | Aerokit

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wasn't told that I would receive free oil changes at all by my dealer! Was this something that you guys requested? Is there a policy or document that says Infiniti will do it?

Brent- I couldn't help but notice that you also have a 6mt sedan. How many miles do you have on your car that you felt an oil change was already needed?

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Not sure if it's an Infiniti policy, or a Dealership feature, but I was amazed when I picked up my car at all the things they told me they'd do for free.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I turned 3K miles today. I changed the oil a week ago at about 2800. Unfortunately, buying the first black 6-speed in Texas meant I didn't buy it where I live. Even if the Houston dealer did all that stuff for free (which they did NOT mention), I doubt I would drive there for an oil change.

This car is phenomenal though. I travelled from Austin to E. Texas and back today and took a wonderful 30 mile jog down a back-country road that was the most exhiliarating 30 miles I've been in a long, long time. That 30 miles only took a hair more than 20 minutes...;^)

-- Brent
"4DR Z"
Black 6MT Sedan
Austin, TX

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer is charging me ten bucks a month extra to give me free oil change for life. I think I got ripped there. by the way how much are you guys paying for these cars? I paid 2k down 442 a month on a 4 year lease. its a sedan with premium package.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Called the dealer about my first service (3750 miles). They wanted $55 !!!! Asked them what all they did, they said change oil and check the fluids. NO WAY!!! My cousin owns an auto service center, got the same thing done for $19.95

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Man, I guess some dealers just like to bend their customers over. I feel pretty lucky to get the deal I got. I thought it was Infiniti policy, but I guess each dealer makes their own rules.

[boink]

Hooray! I'm no longer a freshman!

[cheers]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Man, I guess some dealers just like to bend their customers over. I feel pretty lucky to get the deal I got. I thought it was Infiniti policy, but I guess each dealer makes their own rules.

[boink]

Hooray! I'm no longer a freshman!

[cheers]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Bet that up! [cheers]

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
27 Posts
Herridge, I don't like the "belly pan" also because it scrapes the ground on some driveways I have to use. I have never known doing your own oil and filter changes to void any warranty as long as you note the information in the maintenance book. The warranty can't require where you have the oil/filter change; just that it be done as scheduled.
Ken

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by herridge

Greetings.

I just changed the oil for the first time. It took only 5 minutes, but that followed 30 min. to remove the belly pan. I can't imagine anybody putting that thing BACK on if they intend to change their own oil again.

The local dealer wants $40, and even the factory (which usually like to brag about lengthy recommended oil change intervals) says change it every 3,000 miles. That means I'm the one doing it...;^)

-- Brent
Black 6MT Sedan
Austin, TX
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

1 - 12 of 12 Posts