Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Twilight Blue a rare color or do people just hate it? When buying my new G35 I loved that color, but I only found 1 dealer in Houston that had 1 Twilight Blue left, and it was on the showroom floor! Sheez, you would think in a town the size of Houston we would have more selection of colors! :D

So, how many of you have Twilight Blue. Also, is it a hard color to take care of? I bought one of those California Dusters and have been keeping it dusted off and such. The color is sharp to me, because as it get's darker outside, the car switches from blue to black. Very nice effect. Oh well, just curious how many of you have Twilight Blue and what are your thoughts on the upkeep of this color?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Don't know who has one, but that is definitely my favorite color.If I ever buy another G, it will have to be that color. I would have to figure that it would be like taking care of a black car since it is so dark.

·
Registered
14,068 Posts
The twilight blue is one of the rarest, if not the rarest colors out there. Only '04 G35s were released with that color.

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
gammawolf said:
The twilight blue is one of the rarest, if not the rarest colors out there. Only '04 G35s were released with that color.
I believe it was available on the 03's as well. It was the color that Road & Track had on their report on the G35 when it first came out.

It was deleted for the 05+ years along with Carribean Blue.

I suppose it is more prevalent in some areas more than others due to dealer allocation, but you still don't see too many.

BTW I have a TB coupe.:D

·
Registered
14,068 Posts
I thought your was white (IP)? You know, all these months and I've never seen a pic of your G. I could care less about looking at your ugly mug :wink:, but I too have never seen your TT G. Post some pics man!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It was deleted on the 05+'s? I just picked up a new 06 with TB. So, I hope they did not switch out my car for an 03! haha..

Interesting that it is so rare. It's a nice color.

Ah, never mind. I see it was removed from the coupes. I have a sedan. You know, the 41 year old male with family. I needed the sedan. But, still what a great ride! Funny thing is that when I drive home now on the Beltway around Houston, I see BMW 330's pull up next to me and looking at the car acting like they want to race. My new car only has 550 miles on it now so I can't do anything about it! hahaha. I so want to give it the gas it hurts. Oh well, once I break the car in, those Bimmers will pay on Beltway 8!!!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
gammawolf said:
I thought Mist Metallic (Green) was the rarest? Maybe the ugliest at least...

·
Registered
14,068 Posts
^^^ there's a green color out there :shock: ewwwww

I've never seen it! Maybe for a sedan, but I've never seen it on a coupe! WTF was Nissan thinking?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an 05 6MT sedan in Twilight Blue. It was dropped in 05 on the coupes only (If I remember correctly). I ordered mine from Japan (Grubbs), took about 3 months to get it (The 6MT was the least available option).
gary K

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have a Caribbean Blue sedan, very rare for a sedan, I only know of one other in the area and it's an automatic. The color only appeared one year on the sedan (2003) and 2 years on the coupe (2003 and 4). My sedan, having a 6 speed, with that color combo is ever more rare (so I have been told). I remember when I saw the car at the dealer and they told me it was a special order car for a Nissan exec and it was sold. I said "too bad". 2 days later they called me and asked if I was still interested. You bet I was! In all the years of owning premium cars, this is the best one I have owned, and I have owned everything from Porsche to Mercedes. This one, I was told, and it is documented, has a Z engine in it too (or at least the top half as it has a Z plenum) and when stock, put out close to 290 hp. With the mods I have done, I conservatively rate it at 330 now. It absolutely screams and I have yet to find an Infiniti that is quicker (barring the new M45 V8 models). The Midnight Blue is also beautiful and so is the silver-blue color they have now. I have not decided on a replacement yet, but it won't be the new G35, I think it's ugly. Perhaps an M or and FX45. You got a great color!

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
MikeG356MT said:
This one, I was told, and it is documented, has a Z engine in it too (or at least the top half as it has a Z plenum) and when stock, put out close to 290 hp.
:confused:

The VQ35DE engines are the same for the Z and G's, the difference lies in the intake and the ECU.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Ecu?

Hmmmm the ECU, perhaps that is why I have a higher top end and redline, that would make sense! It did have a Nissan engine cover which I replaced with a carbon fiber one with an Infiniti logo on it. weird! All I know is that it is a brutally fast 6MT, and boy am I proud of it! I am going to have it detailed and show it in a few weeks at the Nissan get together I read about yesterday.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts