Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2002 Acura CL-S and I recently test drove a red G35 coupe 6 speed...loaded including Navi. I have to say that is one bad ass car.

I'm looking to purchasing one, but I want to wait a year before all bugs are worked out. So has anybody had any problems with their car so far? Any annoying squeaks, vibrations, etc, etc.

2002 CL Type S
Satin Silver Metallic/Black Leather
- Injen CAI w/ bypass valve
- TEIN SS (5 clicks front, 7 clicks back)
- Comptech Sway Bars
- Painted front facial
- Recaro cell phone seat
- Polarg M4 in fogs
- JBL 300.1 Amplifier
- Rockford Fosgate HE DVC 10" sub
- Spoiler w/ clear LED
http://www.chikaihuang.com/kais_cls.html

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The only issues I've heard of are that the center console is very easy to scratch, the stick and pedals vibrate (some say Nissan did this on purpose), and the stereo isn't the best (Bose). Also, when I test drove one a few months back, it seemed to me as if the radio and HVAC controls were meant to be on a right-side driven vehicle (most used buttons are on the right, not left).

They will be making some updates in the next few months like adding SAT radio as an option, redesigned center armrest (actual will have one, with better cup holder location) and "maybe" aluminum pedals[;)].

VQ

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
295 Posts
Those are all pretty minor issues to me. I think that the vibrations felt inside the car are done on purpose. It doesn't cost much to get some rubber mounts, or isolators. Just my $.02

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will be picking mine up tomorrow night. I'll have a 16 hour jaunt back home after and should have plenty of time to spend with the car. Will give a review then.
BTW, don't even ask about the "break in" period. This drive is a necessary evil.

Asa
2003 G35C
CB 6MT
2-1-03

·
Registered
30 Posts
Having only had the car for a few days it's hard to say what will happen in the long run but I haven't found any problems so far.

Unlike a lot of comments being made, I don't find the controls to be awkward or misplaced. Particularly where you have the basic audio controls right on the steering wheel and the HVAC is set and forget.

It's easy to see where faux aluminum console will get marked up in time, along with the door grab handles (lets face it, they cheaped out). The hope might well be that someone in the aftermarket produces these parts in real metal that can be swapped out in the future. Given the way this car will sell there certainly will be a ready market.

The lack of a center armrest is a bit of an "oops!" They missed the boat on that, but obviously are coming out with something as the Web site says "later availability". Hopefully it can be retrofitted into prior production models. I know I'd ante up for one.

I also read on one web site that Infiniti will be selling "R-spec" parts to further tweak an already outstanding package. Should be interesting to see what they have in store!

I have a certain sense of security in regard to the fact that Infiniti is going all out to try and bolster it's image as a producer quality automobiles. They really got the ball rolling with the G35 line and I suspect that just about any problem one might have will be addressed in short order. We shall see!

'03 6MT (6-Speed Coupe)
Diamond Graphite/Willow

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I agree. I think Infiniti is doing everything they can to make the G they're break out vehicle. Something to give the company a great new image. So far they've been very succesful!

I heard a NISMO chip is coming soon too [8D]

RJT: Got any pictures of your new ride?

6-speed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have lots of pictures, 80 to be exact (the wonders of digital photography). Don't have a readily available place to put some up. Any suggestions?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

I agree. I think Infiniti is doing everything they can to make the G they're break out vehicle. Something to give the company a great new image. So far they've been very succesful!

I heard a NISMO chip is coming soon too [8D]

RJT: Got any pictures of your new ride?

6-speed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

'03 6MT (6-Speed Coupe)
Diamond Graphite/Willow

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks! I put up a few lo-res pictures on the site you suggested.

Here's the link:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=4290742619

'03 6MT (6-Speed Coupe)
Diamond Graphite/Willow

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Wow NICE rj...thats the exact coupe I would get if I were to get one. I love that color. Oh and man what do you exactly do again? Thats one incredible house you have...

03' G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
30 Posts
As they say "my sidewalk act" or in other words, I'm retired!

But I used to be in the business of managing large scale computer systems for credit card transaction switching. Much as I did with the acquisition of my G, I wound up at the right place at the right time and was able to retire while I could still enjoy it!

BTW, note the double garages which I would point out are double deep. Having a place to keep my "pets" was a must when I built the house!

I'll post some more shots of the whole "family" when I get a chance.

BTW, Great start VQ. Can't even begin to imagine all the effort it takes to get a site up and going. Thanks for doing it!

I'll check back often.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

Wow NICE rj...thats the exact coupe I would get if I were to get one. I love that color. Oh and man what do you exactly do again? Thats one incredible house you have...

03' G35 Sedan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

'03 6MT (6-Speed Coupe)
Diamond Graphite/Willow

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ohhhh, she looks so nice! That's the color I have on order too! I have to agree with Chaz... NICE HOUSE! Where do you live? I too would enjoy to see the other pets, and I've never seen a double deep garage, that's perfect! I work for a big credit card company too (as a web designer), but sadly, they're letting go of all their contract designers (5 or us) at the end of Feb. Damn this tough job market!

Thanks RJT. It's taken a couple months to get everything rolling for launch (just launched on Monday). I will do my best to keep this site going, and hopefully we can have a sweet place for G owners!

Oh, and here's me panting to see the other "pets!" [:p][:p][:p]

6-speed

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think it's a great car all around. I've heard complaints about shifter vibrations but infiniti chose not to put rubber where it shifts to make it sportier.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Well since you all are posting I have had mine up to 130mph. SSHHHH don't tell anyone...[:D] Oh and it handled like a champ at 130.

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Of course I do man. hehe Otherwise I would have LOTS of tickets I'm sure. I have the Valentine One. Best radar hands down on the market.

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Oh yeah, V1! If only I had a V1. I'm stuck with an older Uniden, but it's hard wired and gets the job done.

6-speed

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah V1's are nice but as long as that Uniden gets the job done then hey...more power to you! [8D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts