Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, it seems like everyday someone has traded in their CL-S for a G35c or a 350z on their forum. Anyone found here yet???

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

Man, it seems like everyday someone has traded in their CL-S for a G35c or a 350z on their forum. Anyone found here yet???

1SICKLEX's words and comments do not reflect Lexus corp, ClubLexus nor his mother's.....
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I suppose it makes sense when you think about it. Those that bought the CL-S are likely far less hung up on brands. I would expect to find a larger number of car enthusiasts among that crowd than the Bimmer group which does have a very large number of brand enthusiasts. You know the type, they want that little blue and white emblem to state their class in society. Certainly those people still exist in all three crowds, but I've always found them more common with Bimmers and Mercs.

Enter the G, which lacks some of the brand appeal of the 330, but is by all accounts a true enthusiast's car with unrelenting performance and some of the sexiest curves in a sub-six-figure car.

With the cost of the stock 5AT, I'd expect it to grab its share of those that want an entry into the lux world but aren't quite willing to pay some of the higher premiums as well, a market the CL plays into perfectly.

The more interesting converts to me are in the SUV market. I've heard rumors that BMW X5 sales have fallen through the floor in the wake of the FX45 release...

·
Registered
27 Posts
<font color="purple">
I was all set to buy the CL Type-S for all the reasons it was created - luxury, small and powerful enough for someone who wants some fun and doesn't have kids. But while I was doing my research on Edmunds.com, they said for the 2003 version that since it hasn't been upgraded all that much, you really have to check out the G35 before you make your final decision. So ... I checked it out and yep, no contest! So I'm definitely in debt to the editors at Edmunds! </font id="purple">[:D]

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The more interesting converts to me are in the SUV market. I've heard rumors that BMW X5 sales have fallen through the floor in the wake of the FX45 release<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think what is happening to the X-5 will happen the the FX. They just are not practical. They are not sporty enough to be a sports sedan nor roomy enough to be a true SUV. Wagons have more room. They are popular at first cause they are new and they are faster than the competition but the lack of cargo space eventually, will outweigh it's benefits.

Concerning the CL, well the G35 is now the only luxury coupe that can meet and beat the 3 coupe.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I came from a CL-S and am now getting a G. I LOVED the CL's interior, it was real nice, and very comfortable. Great car, quick and fairly good handling for such a big car. My main reason for the switch is rear wheel drive, LSD and stick. I missed those! Acura did add a stick with LSD, but still front wheel drive. I thought long and hard about getting a manual CL-S, but decided to go for something different.

We'll see!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
16 Posts
I came over from A-CL.com...traded my 01 CLS, you know me there I'm sure.

Silver 2003 G35C Premium/NAV

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tmk70

I came over from A-CL.com...traded my 01 CLS, you know me there I'm sure.

Silver 2003 G35C Premium/NAV
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Congrats and welcome to the board! Silver rocks!!!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

1 - 7 of 7 Posts