Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering getting an iPod primarily for use in the car, but I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed with the quality of the FM transmitters and/or the cassette adapters. Anyone know of a good simple way to hard wire a solution? Someone in a discussion thread at Apple suggested tapping into the CD changer with an RCA adapter. That would probably disable the CD -- but who needs it if you have an iPod. Aside from voiding the manufacturers warranty, the only drawback would probably be not being able to skip tracks with the controls on the steering wheel... but I gotta believe the volume control will still work.

Would love to know if anyone has any insight.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Is there a Blitz adapter out for Nissan/Infiniti radios? That's what I use in my CL, sounds great... gives you RCA inputs via your CD changer port.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VQ -

Can you elaborate on that? I've never heard of it. I also assume that disables the CD?

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

·
Registered
197 Posts
go to www.everythingipod.com ull find ur answer there, plus they have some awesome things for u var if u have an ipod.

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nope, plugs into the CD changer port. In my CL, I hit the CD button twice and it changes over to that input. So you can switch back and forth from CD to CD Changer (aux input).

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
viczeva, thanks for the link. I couldn't find anything there that wasn't cassette or fm transmitter based, but they do have some cool mounting options. Anyone here happy with the quality of fm transmission?

VQ - that sounds cool. I checked out blitzsafe.com and they currently don't have one for infiniti/nissan, but I'm told they may have one by summer. That would be cool.

I've also been thinking about whether or not an aux cable kit would work with the SAT button instead of the CD. I don't plan on getting satellite radio, so I figured I might as well make use of the port if possible. Anyone try this before?

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Anyone here happy with the quality of fm transmission?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ken, I meant to post this earlier, but here's some info you've been waiting on.

I received the iTrip for my iPod the other day, and am very dissapointed in the quality so far. You need to find a pretty isolated FM frequency to get it to work at all (one that has no stations around it). Here in Houston I haven't been able to find one (there seeems to be a station on every damn frequency) so I haven't been able to get a good strong signal. I had bought my dad another FM transmitter a while back (can't remember the brand) but the quality was much better. I guess the signal must have been quite a bit stronger or something. I think VQ's solution might be the best. I really wish they would start putting an AUX input in stock systems.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info lead_foot. That's what I was afraid of. Hopefully blitzsafe will come through in the summer.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
So lead, you got the iTrip yet? [jump2]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

So lead, you got the iTrip yet? [jump2]
Yes, did you not read the post above? [lol]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There goes XL... trying to keep that post cushion again! [:D]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Wow, I deserve a beating. I guess it was late, and I was way too exhausted from the gym to even use the scroll wheel on my mouse lol. That sucks. I kind of figured that the frequency would be a big issue, but oh well, it's the best you can do when trying to highjack radio waves. [lol]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's all good, XL. [cheers] (gotta keep the lovefest alive!)

lead, did you return the iTrip? If so, what are you using now for your iPod? I hope not your noise-cancelling headphones!

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

It's all good, XL. [cheers] (gotta keep the lovefest alive!)

lead, did you return the iTrip? If so, what are you using now for your iPod? I hope not your noise-cancelling headphones!
No, I really haven't had any time to do anything about it yet. I'll let you know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts